Today, August 29th, 2014 marks the 21st birthday of Liam Payne. Daddy Direction can legally drink in America! An important thing for us grown-up Directioners. To celebrate the day, we’ve got 21 fun-facts about Liam. Not that boring stuff, like his zodiac sign (Virgo) or his middle name (James, just like his band-mate Niall Horan).
1. He is afraid of spoons. It’s not that weird, it’s kind of cute.
2. Of the band, he’s the only one who comes to work with his hair done. The other band members show up with their hair all over the place, but he won’t leave his house without doing his hair.
3. If he wasn’t a singer, he would make a fabulous journalist:
He might have been drunk, but he actually asked all the questions a fan wanted to know after watching the Brit Awards.
4. His favorite film is the Toy Story trilogy.
5. Liam once told TOTP that he had the best dance moves and he was, “The king of the dance floor!” With his signature 1-2-3 flick. Recognize those moves anywhere?
6. Liam’s dream job, aside from the one he is currently living as a pop-star, is a fire fighter.
7. He once had his underwear stolen (and then later worn) by a fan.
8. If Liam could invent an ice cream flavor, it would be “Krispy Kreme Donut.”
9. He once confessed to owning a pair of pink hair straighteners. We can see the evidence of that here.
10. He has said that Justin Timberlake is one of his biggest inspirations. He also sang “Cry Me A River,” at his 2010 X Factor audition. Good thing too, since look where that got him!
11. Once, he was asked what food he would be, he responded: “I’d be 7 bananas because it’s too much potassium and that’s dangerous.” Gotta love a bad boy.
12. His favorite color is still purple (had to include this because it’s adorable).
13. Liam once had no idea what YOLO and DTF stood for, so he guessed “Yummy Oreos Love Origami” and “Dedicated To Fans.” Better abbreviations, in my honest opinion.
14. Liam wishes he’d written the song “99 Problems,” by Jay Z. We wonder why?
15. All of his band-mates have said he’s got the best abs in the group. We cannot deny this.
16. Liam has a man-crush on Twilight star Taylor Lautner.
17. He has two pet turtles named Boris and Archimedes. He also has an adorable little husky named Loki (with his ex-girlfriend Danielle Peazer).
liam w/ loki is the cutest thing ever #liampayne pic.twitter.com/QM04PgaUru
— Hana (@hana1999hana) August 26, 2014
18. One time Liam was left behind and when the tour bus took off, he started running after it while waving his arms. The rest of the band mistook him for a fan at first.
19. Until he was 19-years-old, Liam suffered from kidney problems (1 scarred and dysfunctional kidney) that kept him from drinking and he had to lead a very careful life. Luckily, he’s all healthy now and can legally drink with his American fans!
20. The one person guaranteed to make him laugh is band-made, Louis Tomlinson! “Even if I’m in a situation where I’m mad at him, the person that can make me smile is Louis. Whatever happens he’ll make me laugh about something.”
21. One of Liam’s tattoos (the feather and lyrics) is dedicated to his Nan.
Happy Birthday Liam! We hope you have an awesome day and get to relax a little, if that's possible to do in the middle of a world tour.
Which is your favorite Liam fact? Tweet us yours along with the hashtag #Happy21stBirthdayLiam!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz
Megan Fox showed off her ball skills when she threw the first pitch at a baseball game in Seoul, South Korea on Wednesday (27Aug14). Fox, who was in the country to promote her new movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, wore the Doosan Bears official team shirt for her big moment.
Guardians Of The Galaxy has returned to the top of the U.S. box office to become the highest-grossing film of the summer (14). The superhero film, which stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Vin Diesel, earned $17.6 million (GBP10.4 million) in its fourth weekend on release (23-24Aug14), taking its total to $251.9 million (GBP148.2 million).
Coming in at number two is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with $16.8 million (GBP9.9 million), while Chloe Grace Moretz's If I Stay takes the third spot with $16.4 million (GBP9.6 million).
Rounding out the top five are Let's Be Cops and When the Game Stands Tall.
Jimmy Fallon is tired of bad news. We feel the same way as The Tonight Show host. Bad news kind of sucks. So, Jimmy went out and asked some local NBC News anchors to start reporting good news! Or at least, news that they wish was real. These reports are spreading joy in a new segment, "I've Got Good News and Good News."
Watch Jimmy’s happy news report below:
These reports might be made up, but they’re not all false. Turtles and dance parties are, in fact, awesome. I'm also very happy to hear that ghosts cannot hurt me. Here’s to hoping the news starts getting a little less depressing and lot happier, like this report. Thanks for that Jimmy!
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Guardians Of The Galaxy have fought off a challenge from Sylvester Stallone and his all-star Expendables to stay atop an action-packed U.S. box office. The Expendables 3 underperformed in its opening weekend, picking up $10 million (GBP5.8 million) less than expected to debut behind the Turtles and Guardians at number four.
The new sequel opened with $16.2 million (GBP9.5 million) - less than half the figure the first movie debuted with in August, 2010 - and was beaten to a top three spot by comedy Let's Be Cops.
Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges' new movie adaptation of Lois Lowry's beloved book The Giver opened at five.
"I did have a cameo in the new movie but it was cut at the last minute because I was too good." Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman jokes about almost appearing in the new Michael Bay movie.
"I love it. Worked on various parts of its development for 4 years. We had the right director for the project and you can clearly see Michael Bay's hand in it. I'm so proud of it and am glad the fans have responded so favorably." Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman admits he's a big fan of the hit new movie during Reddit.com webchat.
Canadian actor Noel Fisher is engaged to marry his longtime partner Layla Alizada. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles star and his actress girlfriend are set to wed, his representative confirms to Us Weekly.
An insider tells the publication that Fisher proposed while they were on vacation in Bora Bora in May (14).
Alizada and Fisher, who also appeared in the final Twilight film and U.S. TV drama Shameless, met while filming a Canadian TV series called Godiva's in 2005.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain Minae Noji has created an uplifting blog to help young fans cope with life issues. The actress plays Shredder's sidekick Karai in the hit new film, but she insists she's a good person in real life - and she's all about helping struggling fans.
She tells U.S. news show Hollywood Today Live, "I created it (my blog) as a place to share love. What's great is that a lot of the fans are kids who are troubled and so they go there for a place to feel loved."
Paramount Pictures via Everett Collection
The sullen critical reaction to the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is unsurprising, but the box office intake for the Michael Bay-produced feature's opening weekend might warrant a double take: early numbers indicate that Turtles took in $65 million, a sum that allowed the flick to trounce expectations by 20 grand, top Guardians of the Galaxy by a similar figure, and — perhaps worst of all — spawn a sequel. Via the Los Angeles Times, Paramount is moving forward with a second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, already scheduled for 2016.
Considering the fact that Turtles was hardly the worst thing we've seen this year (perhaps not even the worst thing to come from Michael Bay, in fact), we don't want to write off the newly developing follow-up just yet. There might be a way to save this '16-bound film, but it'll entail a few major changes to the process that brought us this year's Turtle movie:
1) Clean up the Turtles' lookThe choice to make the Turtle brothers look darker, grittier, and more "real" this time around is a particularly confusing one considering how broad and silly the film goes with its material. The grotesque appearance of the foursome doesn't mesh whatsoever with the tone of the movie, nor is it at all pleasant to look at. A dramatic redesign might not be necessary, but something smoother, cleaner, and altogether sillier would benefit future audiences. Splinter, on the other hand, could use a complete makeover.
2) Replace Jonathan Liebesman as directorLiebesman proved with Turtles that he is still developing his directorial skill set. A filmmaker with an established understanding of how to harmonize action and comedy would serve the second feature well.
3) More time on the shelled foursomeWith so much ground to cover in regards to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' nonsensical plot, too much time was spent away from the Turtles themselves. Although they might not be the work of comic genius, they were more or less endearing in the grand scheme of things. More Turtles, less everything else. Oh, and for that matter...
4) Simply, simplify, simplify!Whoever it was that demanded this movie's premise to be more tiered and complicated than A Most Wanted Man does not understand the appeal of the Ninja Turtles. Keep things light, simple, and straightforward. We don't need several dozen conspiracies, puppet regimes, and plot twists. Oh, and for THAT matter...
5) Enough with that one sci-fi contrivance that seems to be popping up in every big movie this year.If you don't know what I'm talking about (I'm being coy for fear of spoilers) check out Mike Ryan's excellent diatribe against the phenomenon.
6) Oust Will Arnett's characterWill Arnett is an adroit comic actor, but his character in Turtles is about as pointless as a pastel bandit mask on the face of a gigantic reptilian vigilante. If April O'Neil had her own car, Arnett's character's contribution would have been instantly nullified.
7) Encourage an actual performance out of Megan FoxWhile Turtles can get rid of Arnett without missing a beat, it's unlikely that Fox can be dismissed so easily (although there Bay-universe is precedent for such banishment). If we're stuck with her, then let's at least try to get her invested in the story and character this time; all she does in this latest Turtles entry is babble flat exposition and grimace in ambiguous dread.
8) Make Michelangelo less creepyAn innocent crush on April O'Neil would be fine, but Michelangelo's character was full on sexual deviant with his obsessive come-ons and offhand erection jokes.
9) Stop destroying New York CityWe've seen it. We're sick of it. It weighs hard on those of us who actually live here. Enough.
10) Krang!His big screen debut is long overdue.
Follow @Michael Arbeiter | Follow @Hollywood_com