Country star Jason Aldean has blamed poor judgement for the 2012 kissing scandal which led to the end of his marriage. The Big Green Tractor hitmaker hit headlines in September, 2012 after he was photographed locking lips with former American Idol contestant Brittany Kerr at a bar in Los Angeles.
He publicly apologised to his wife Jessica Ussery in a statement published online, admitting he had "too much to drink" and "acted inappropriately", and the high school sweethearts battled to save their marriage for the sake of their kids.
However, Aldean filed for divorce to end the 12-year union in April (13), and now he has opened up about the controversy for the first time, revealing the former couple had been going through its own troubles when he was caught cheating.
In a U.S. TV interview with newswoman Robin Roberts, which aired as part of the special Countdown to the CMA (Country Music Association) Awards show on Tuesday (05Nov13), he said, "It's one of those things where, you know, you go out and you're just hanging out.
"I think the biggest thing is, you know, obviously there was things going on in my marriage at the time where it just wasn't really happy. And you go out and you kind of let your guard down a little bit and things happen, and unfortunately... it's tough."
Aldean claims the media scrutiny which followed only made it more difficult for him to fix his marriage: "When you have to deal with all that stuff in public, I mean, it's hard to - it's hard enough to deal with it in private."
He admits that he's glad the paparazzi took photos of himself leaving the bar with friends - as he had photographic proof that he didn't take the singer back to his hotel.
He says, "Probably the best thing that could have happened that night was... they also took the pictures of me getting in a cab with my buddies."
Country star Jason Aldean is set to open up about his recent divorce in a TV special that will air on TV in America on the same night as the CMA Awards next month (Nov13). The Big Green Tractor singer filed to end his 12-year marriage to Jessica Ussery in April (13), after the couple fought to put a cheating scandal behind them.
Aldean struggled to save his marriage after he was photographed kissing American Idol contestant Brittany Kerr at a Los Angeles club last year (12).
And now he's sitting down with newswoman Robin Roberts to discuss the love split as part of her Countdown to the CMA Awards special on 5 November (13).
Luke Bryan, Shania Twain, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton will also appear on the show.
I don't think there has ever been a film title as plainly descriptive as Machete Kills. There's not nuance or irony or symbolism hidden between the letters. It's simple: Machete kills. That's all he does, and that's pretty much the only thing that the latest red band trailer for Machete Kills shows. Machete killing things. And it's glorious.
In this sequel to Robert Rodriguez's mexsploitation thriller, Danny Trejo reprises his role as Machete, an ex-Federale with an unparalleled skill for filling graves. President Charlie Sheen (Carlos Estévez) tasks Machete with killing Mel Gibson, so off Machete goes to heavily increase the murder rate in several U.S states and Mexico. The trailer is a visceral slideshow of the many ways to kill a man. The fact that there isn't just one scene where a man is flung into the spinning blades of a helicopter but two should tell you all you need to know about what kind of movie this is.
We also get a glimpse of the other players in Machete Kills including, Michelle Rodriguez, Lady Gaga, Cuba Gooding Jr., and the lovely Sofia Vergara who is determined to prove that there's still comedic value in screaming at everything really loudly.
We can't be exactly sure how the invetible Machete/Mel Gibson showdown will end, but if we had to guess, Machete Kills will end with both parties walking away amicably, having solved their differences peacefully.
More:'Machete Kills' Wall of Weapons Clip'Machete Kills' Green Band TrailerAmber Heard Gets All Up on Danny Trejo in 'Machete Kills'
From Our Partners:A Complete History Of Twerking (1993-2013) (Vh1)15 Stars Share Secrets of their Sex Lives (Celebuzz)
Actors Orlando Bloom, Matthew Mcconaughey and pop star Katy Perry will all unveil stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2014. The honour will also go to Sally Field, Liam Neeson, Jessica Lange, Kaley Cuoco, Claire Danes and Cheryl Hines from the world of movies and TV, while rockers Jeff Lynne and Rick Springfield will also land spots on Los Angeles' famous sidewalk.
Rapper Tupac Shakur and comedian Phil Hartman are two late icons who will be recognised posthumously, while Tom Sherak, former president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will also be feted.
David Green, chairman of the Walk of Fame selection committee, says, "We have a great mix of celebrities and industry executives who have made Hollywood what it is today - one of the greatest entertainment destinations in the world.
"The new selections will bring great joy and fond memories for those millions who visit Hollywood each year!"
This week (20Jun13), it was Jennifer Lopez's time to shine - the singer/actress fought back tears as she unveiled the sidewalk's 2,500th star, with fans and former colleagues Pitbull and Jane Fonda in attendance at her special ceremony.
It looks like you'll have to wait another year to see Jessica Alba hit the big screen again as Nancy Callahan. According to Box Office Mojo, the release date for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has been pushed back from October 3, 2013 to August 22, 2014. Gee, we've already been waiting eight years for this movie. What's one more?
Seeing as production for the film only began earlier this year, it makes sense that they had to delay the release. After all, Sin City was a highly stylized, special effects-filled monster of a blockbuster — and that was back in 2005. Sin City 2 promises to be even more visually stunning, with a stellar cast to match. In addition to Jessica Alba, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For also stars returning cast members Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Powers Boothe, and Mickey Rourke, along with newcomers Eva Green (as the titular dame), Josh Brolin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jeremy Piven, Juno Temple, and many others.
So the Sin City sequel has been postponed for 10 months. We can only hope this means that the movie will be out of this world. The pressure is on, Robert Rodriguez. The pressure is on.
Follow Caroline on Twitter @carolinesb | Follow Hollywood.com on Twitter @Hollywood_com
More:'Sin City 2': The Movie Finally Has a Release DateMicky Rourke and Rosario Dawson Returning for 'Sin City 2'A Brief History of 'Sin City 2' Rumors
From Our PartnersStars Pose Naked for 'Allure' (Celebuzz)20 Grisliest TV Deaths of 2012-2013 (Vulture)
Fans of Robert Rodriguez's crime thriller Sin City will have to wait more than a year to see sequel A Dame To Kill For as its release has been pushed back. The follow-up to the 2005 cult classic stars Eva Green, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson, and it was due to hit cinemas in October (13).
However, fans will now have to wait until August, 2014 to see the long-awaited movie, according to Boxofficemojo.com.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is now due to hit cinemas on 22 August, 2014.
Jessica Alba realised a dream in Singapore on Thursday (23May13) when she hit the stage with Aerosmith at the inaugural Social Star Awards. The actress co-hosted the show, which was billed as the Oscars of Social Media, and was thrilled when Steven Tyler invited her to join him onstage.
A keen social media fan, Alba posted fan photos of her dancing with Tyler online and tweeted, "This totally happened 2nite (sic)."
She later added an Instagram snapshot of her posing with Tyler and fellow performers Cee Lo Green and Eric Benet backstage.
Tyler and his Aerosmith bandmates are in Singapore ahead of their first ever concert in the country, which takes place on Saturday (25May13).
Green will perform at the Marina Bay Sands venue as part of the Social Star Awards' weekend festivities on Friday night (24May13) with Carly Rae Jepsen.
Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and One Direction are all up for awards at a new prizegiving which honours the biggest stars of social networking. The inaugural Social Star Awards will focus on the celebrities who are making waves on the web, connecting with millions of fans around the world through the likes of Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Bieber, Perry, Psy and Rihanna, who all boast huge online profiles, will compete for the Most Popular Music Solo Artist prize, while Jackie Chan, Justin Timberlake, Selena Gomez and Will Smith are all up for the Most Popular Actor award.
Linkin Park, LMFAO, Maroon 5 and One Direction will battle it out for the Most Popular Music Group honour.
Jessica Alba will host the ceremony, which will take place at the Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore on 23 May (13), and will be streamed live on YouTube.com.
She says, "I'm thrilled to be co-hosting the first-ever Social Star Awards and look forward to seeing everyone in Singapore to celebrate these social media superstars."
Aerosmith, Cee Lo Green, Psy, and Carly Rae Jepsen will all perform at the event.
Country superstar Jason Aldean has filed for divorce from his wife Jessica Ussery after 12 years of marriage. The Big Green Tractor hitmaker filed legal papers to end their union in Williamstown County, Tennessee on Friday (26Apr13), citing irreconcilable differences as the cause of their split.
The news comes just days after the singer's representative confirmed the couple's relationship was in trouble following rumours the two had parted ways in January (13). The Aldeans reportedly failed to work past the singer's cheating scandal in September (12), when he was snapped kissing American Idol contestant Brittany Kerr at a Los Angeles club.
On Thursday (25Apr13) his spokesperson told People.com, "I can confirm that Jason and his wife are having problems, but there is nothing more to share with the press at this time. It's a private family matter, and we hope everyone will respect that he would like to keep it that way."
The pair has two daughters - Keeley, 10 and Kendyl, five.
Last year's Oscars pulled off the impossible: all at once, it was one of the more sluggish shows in Academy history while stirring the pot with Seth MacFarlane's controversial humor and showcasing a number of shocking wins. The ceremony was masterminded by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of Chicago and NBC's Smash and reception to their work was split down the middle. Even we here at Hollywood.com were divided, some of us approving of MacFarlane's hosting, some of us who found a grueling endurence test.
So color us surprised that the Academy is rehiring the duo for next year's show, already set for March 2, 2014. The decision of who will oversee the prestigious ceremony is normally left to the final months of the year. But the official press release explains, "in order to establish continuity with this year's enormously successful show, we felt it was important to give these consummate professionals the green light now to begin creating another great evening." Continuity? Is this a Marvel comic book movie? Apparently the dense mythology established at last year's Oscars requires an experienced touch for the sequel.
In some ways, what didn't work in Zadan and Meron's last effort was what made it a huge success. Their 84th Oscars ceremony drew in 40.3 million total viewers, delivered a 13.0 rating among adults 18-49 and became TV's most watched telecast in three years, per data from the Academy. Hiring MacFarlane — who has already stated he won't be returning for the 2014 show — certainly helped hook the younger audience. What tactics will the team take this year?
The announcement of Zadan and Meron's return reminds us that their show "displayed a signature style that incorporated a single concept for the entire evening which linked together the disparate elements of the Oscar show through music," meaning the point of hiring them again is to utilize the same concept. But this can't be a simple copycat act — last year's telecast ran 30 minutes longer than usual, with "tributes" bloating the show without any rhyme or reason. Thanks to Zadan and Meron's Broadway roots and the Academy's forced love for Les Misérables, the 85th Oscars tipped their hat to the modern movie musical. Great concept, terrible execution. Bowing down to Chicago, the effort was a pat on the back to their own work.
Adding to the confusing fluff of the night was the James Bond tribute, which offered little in the way of authentic 007 love (none of the actors appeared and Halle Berry's Jinx from Die Another Day appeared in a montage three times!). Zadan and Meron won points for recruiting Bond mainstay Shirley Bassey to sing a medley of theme songs, but it lacked pizazz. This is Bond, a character who's survived 50 years of cinema, a golden Hollywood franchise. If Zadan and Meron are going to try their hand at mustering nostalgia and merging it with the evening's festivities, they're going to have to do more than throw ideas at the wall.
In some ways, rehiring Zadan and Meron feels akin to Ocean's 12/Ocean's 13. After the major misfire of the Ocean's sequel, Steven Soderbergh decided he should really come back to the franchise and go out with a bang. He experimented, now he had to try and find the soul that made the original concept so engaging. For naysayers of last year's Oscars, the return of Zadan and Meron shouldn't be an immediate red flag. The Academy Awards do need showstoppers, they do need gushing about old movies, they do need silly comedy bits featuring our favorite celebrities, and they desperately need a host with a little edge. Zadan and Meron were on the right path, but they flopped in the organization. It wasn't Hollywood's night, it was Hollywood's biggest circus.
Are there comedians with an ounce of charm left in the world? Rumors swirled early in the 2013's planning stages that Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel could step in as hosts — that would be perfect. Kimmel knows his movies and pop culture, Fallon too (with the added bonus that he can sing, dance, and play off Zadan and Meron's musical sensibilities). And while he's made every stop on the hosting circuit, Neil Patrick Harris is an obvious, solid choice. For many, he's the bridge between mainstream and the theater world. Music to Zadan and Meron's ears.
The producing team's repechage gives them an advantage of knowing the hurdles necessary in tackling the Oscars with the unprecedented time to pull it off. They can watch the cultural reaction to a year in movies and target the zeitgeist more accurately. They'll have ample time to ensure that William Shatner doesn't strong-arm anyone into letting him take part in the telecast. Taking a hit from critics and social media reaction will impact the way business is conducted this year — meaning, Zadan and Meron's return isn't simply a sign of faith or call for do-over. It's a demand to take notes and restage. Two guys familiar with Preview Nights of Broadway musicals know a thing or two about that.
Keep this in mind: with Smash all but cancelled, these two need something to do. Why not the Oscars again?
Follow Matt Patches on Twitter @misterpatches
More:Seth MacFarlane Will Not Host 2014 Oscars — Who's Next?Oscars 2013: Read the Losers' Discarded SpeechesThe Burning Questions of Oscars 2013
From Our PartnersJessica Alba Bikinis in St. Barts (Celebuzz)Which Game of Thrones Actor Looks Least Like His On-Screen Character? (Vulture)