Megadeth star Dave Mustaine has appealed for more help in finding his missing mother-in-law after revealing experts fear she may have been driven away from a California camp site by a Good Samaritan. San Diego police detectives are still investigating Sally Estabrook's disappearance and now rocker Mustaine, who has been helping volunteers look for the 76-year-old Alzheimer's disease sufferer, believes she may have escaped the search party boundaries by taking an ill-advised ride.
Speaking to the 101 KGB radio station in San Diego, the singer says, "They (police) had bloodhounds, they had cadaver dogs, they had helicopters, motorcycles, ATVs... and that's why now we're appealing to the community, expanding the perimeter and trying to make people aware of this, because somebody picked her up.
"There's no way a 76-year-old woman can trek all the way down a mountain like that. So somebody was being nice and trying to help her. And we're thinking that the person who tried to help her is afraid that maybe they did something wrong. We don't care. We just wanna know where she is."
Mustaine adds, "The person could have pulled over and helped her and have a criminal past and they can't say anything. It could be somebody of Latino descent that is here without documentation and is afraid that they're gonna get deported. It could be a number of different things. We don't care what the situation is. Just help us find my wife's mom."
The rocker also heaped praise on the police detectives leading the search for Estabrook, stating, "They have gone on longer than they were supposed to. They held off on the cadaver dogs and switching from rescue to recovery longer than they should have. Even the pilots that were flying the helicopters, they've got a routine that they have to do over the city, and they were all flying back out to the site.
"They covered 60 square miles with the helicopter. There is no way she went that far. Somebody picked her up."
Australian rapper Iggy Azalea has become embroiled in a bizarre legal fight after her ex-boyfriend filed divorce papers naming her as his common law wife.
According to TMZ.com, Maurice Williams has filed paperwork to end his 'marriage' to the Fancy star.
Editors of the website report Williams claims he began living with the star in Texas in late 2008, and local laws state a couple can be considered married if they reside together for a long period of time and agree to present themselves as husband and wife.
Williams states they have been living apart since last year (13), but he is asking a judge to recognise the marriage and prevent Azalea from selling assets they accumulated during their time together.
A representative for Azalea tells the site the hip-hop star never agreed to be married to Williams. The former couple is currently embroiled in a legal battle over recordings made during their time together. Azalea has sued over allegations he downloaded the contents of her personal computer including master recordings which he planned to release as an EP, while he also claimed to be the subject of a purported sex tape featuring the star.
Jennifer Lawrence has broken her silence on the Hollywood hacking scandal, branding it a "disgusting sex crime".
The Hunger Games star has posed topless on the cover of next month's (Nov14) Vanity Fair, and in an interview with the U.S. magazine she discusses in-depth for the first time how she was affected by the nude picture leak. Lawrence was among dozens of famous women targeted by hackers who accessed cloud storage accounts and stole hundreds of private, intimate pictures, which were later published online.
She tells the magazine, "Just because I'm a public figure, just because I'm an actress, does not mean that I asked for this. It does not mean that it comes with the territory. It's my body, and it should be my choice, and the fact that it is not my choice is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe that we even live in that kind of world. It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime. It is a sexual violation. It's disgusting. The law needs to be changed, and we need to change. That's why these websites are responsible. Just the fact that somebody can be sexually exploited and violated, and the first thought that crosses somebody's mind is to make a profit from it. It's so beyond me. I just can't imagine being that detached from humanity. I can't imagine being that thoughtless and careless and so empty inside."
Lawrence insists she decided against writing a public apology because the pictures were intended for a boyfriend, believed to be British actor Nicholas Hoult, explaining, "Every single thing that I tried to write made me cry or get angry. I started to write an apology, but I don't have anything to say I'm sorry for. I was in a loving, healthy, great relationship for four years. It was long distance, and either your boyfriend is going to look at porn or he's going to look at you."
The 24 year old goes on to admit the lowest point in the whole ordeal was having to tell her father: "When I have to make that phone call to my dad and tell him what's happened... I don't care how much money I get for The Hunger Games, I promise you, anybody given the choice of that kind of money or having to make a phone call to tell your dad that something like that has happened, it's not worth it. Fortunately, he was playing golf, so he was in a good mood."
Lawrence is now attempting to move on from the scandal, concluding, "Time does heal, you know. I'm not crying about it anymore. I can't be angry anymore. I can't have my happiness rest on these people being caught, because they might not be. I need to just find my own peace."
Agents of America's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are investigating the leak, while a lawyer representing a number of the female victims has urged bosses of Internet search engine Google to help remove the snaps from the web. Other victims include Kim Kardashian, Kirsten Dunst, Scarlett Johansson and Rihanna.
Megadeth star Dave Mustaine's mother-in-law has gone missing. The frontman urged Twitter.com followers to keep his wife Pam in their thoughts as she searches for her mum, who suffers from memory-robbing Alzheimer's disease.
Sally Estabrook, 75, was last seen at a campground near Julian, California on Saturday afternoon (04Oct14).
Local police have launched an investigation to find the missing woman and have asked anyone who thinks they may have found Estabrook, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease last year (13), to contact them.
In a 2013 interview with Loudwire.com, Mustaine revealed that his mother-in-law's condition had shaken up the family, explaining, "Until it happens to you, you really have no idea. And I think that when I saw how upset our family became and yet how we are able to provide the resources for her, it made me think about all the families going through this that don't have the resources to take care of a loved one."
Rapper T.I. was the guest of honour in Jackson, Mississippi on Wednesday (24Sep14) as he was presented with the key to the city. The Live Your Life hitmaker was feted during a special ceremony at City Hall, which was hosted by Mayor Tony Yarber, who praised the hip-hop star for using his many brushes with the law to encourage youths to make the right choices.
Accepting the accolade, T.I. said, "I can't really change everyone's opinion of me but I can change me.
"Everybody don't catch on and everybody don't acknowledge change at the same time, but the good part is, I ain't doing it for them (sic). I don't need credit. Just knowing that I can use my experiences, my past, good and bad, to help assist the future: children, teenagers, young adults and the grown people who may have gone through the same things. They can have an example showing that, 'Hey, just because I fell down in something, doesn't mean I got to stay down in it'. When it's all said and done, I've seen people rise from the wreckage."
During his visit to Jackson, T.I. also stopped by local schools to speak to students about how he overcame his troubled past. The rapper spent time behind bars for possession of weapons and drugs.
His Mississippi honour was an early birthday present of sorts for T.I. - the rapper/actor turned 34 on Thursday (25Sep14).
Led Zeppelin's new entertainment lawyer has asked a Pennsylvania judge to dismiss a plagiarism lawsuit over the British band's Stairway To Heaven hit on the grounds of a lack of jurisdiction. The rockers are fighting a copyright infringement claim filed in Pennsylvania against the group in May (14) by Francis Malofiy, a lawyer representing late Spirit guitarist Randy California.
Malofiy alleges the opening notes of Stairway To Heaven are too similar to California's work on his 1968 song Taurus and is demanding credit for at least inspiring Led Zeppelin's 1971 release.
Guitarist Jimmy Page previously dismissed the lawsuit as "ridiculous" and now top attorney Helene Freeman is seeking to have the case thrown out of court.
In a motion to dismiss, Freeman writes, "The individual defendants are British citizens residing in England, own no property in Pennsylvania and have no contacts with Pennsylvania, let alone ties sufficient to render them essentially at home here.
"Under established case law, no good faith basis exists to argue the Court has general jurisdiction over them."
Led Zeppelin hired Freeman, who litigated a series of victories for Justin Timberlake's former boy band 'N SYNC, earlier this month (Sep14), to help them win the case.
Randy California, real name Randy Craig Wolfe, was born in Los Angeles.
Jim Lo Scalzo/Pool via Bloomberg
British royal Prince Harry rang in his 30th birthday with a black tie dinner party and a performance from pop star Ellie Goulding.
The party took place at Clarence House, the London home of Harry's father Charles, Prince of Wales, on Wednesday (17Sep14) night, two days after he hit the milestone on Monday (15Sep14). The birthday boy drove himself to the venue, while guests were seen arriving in tuxedos and evening gowns. Goulding, who sang at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding, is good friends with Harry and is reported to have performed a number of her hits at the party.
Vanity Fair reports guests dined on Harry's favourite foods - beef wellington and fish pie, with Eton mess for dessert. Prince Charles, who missed the party as he is on vacation in Scotland, is said to have sent crates of Champagne for the soiree. The party was originally planned to take place at Kensington Palace, where Harry lives with his brother Prince William and sister-in-law Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, but was postponed due to the pregnant duchess' severe morning sickness.
The celebrations come amid reports the young prince has reunited with his ex-girlfriend, socialite Cressida Bonas, after they were spotted together on a cinema trip to see Cameron Diaz's new comedy Sex Tape on Tuesday (16Sep14).
Jackass star Steve-O faces criminal charges for defacing a freeway sign as part of a protest against SeaWorld, if California Highway Patrol officials get their way. CHP bosses insist the prankster, real name Stephen Gilchrist Glover, should be punished to the full extent of the law after he posted a video of himself attaching the word 'SUCKS' after the words 'SEA WORLD' on the state road sign near San Diego on YouTube.com last month (Aug14).
The incident occurred in May (14), but the identity of the person behind the prank was a mystery until the footage appeared online.
CHP officials have recommended the San Diego County district attorney's office charge Steve-O with vandalism and trespassing.
Leading activists at animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have already agreed to pay any fine assessed against the prankster and stuntman.
For all of my fellow witches and wizards, today is September 1st and you know what that means! For all you Muggles (non-magic folk) who don’t know what I’m talking about, September 1st marks the first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Unlike you Muggles, we love the first day of school, because Hogwarts is the greatest learning institution on the planet.
1. At Hogwarts, the school year always begins on September 1st.
2. Students can board the Hogwarts Express at King’s Cross Station, on Platform 9 ¾. The train to Hogwarts leaves promptly at 11 A.M. Don't be late!
3. After getting off at the Hogsemeade Station, first year students board boats on the Great Lake, while the older students ride in Thestral-drawn carriages to Hogwarts.
4. After all the older students have arrived, the first-years are brought into the Great Hall and the Sorting Ceremony is held. This is when the Sorting Hat decides which of the four houses the student belongs in.
5. Hogwarts was founded in 990 A.D by two witches and two wizards.
6. The four founders of Hogwarts were: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin.
7. It was decided that there would be four separate houses at the school to sort the students, based on the different personalities these founding members had.
8. After a dispute over who would be allowed into the school, Slytherin left because the others would not agree to only admit pure-blood students.
9. Before leaving, Slythin built the Chamber of Secrets, unbeknownst to the others, which was home to his murderous Basilisk until the year 1993!
10. 300 years after the school was founded, the first Triwizard Tournament was held. It is a competition between the three most prestigious schools in Europe: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. It was meant to be a way for students of different nationalities to compete and socialize with one another.
11. In 1792, when a Cockatrice went loose during one of the Triwizard Tournament tasks, the heads of the three schools (Hogwarts included) were all injured by the deadly creature.
12. The ceiling in the Great Hall has been bewitched to reflect the sky outside it, which is why you can see the stars while inside the room.
13. It is not possible to apparate or disapparate into, or from within, Hogwarts. Unless you are Albus Dumbledore, that is.
14. Muggles cannot see Hogwarts (probably why you Muggles have never heard of it). If a Muggle were to stumble upon the area, they will see a ruin with a sign saying: “DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, UNSAFE.”
15. Muggle technologies, like cell phones and laptops, are rendered useless when on the grounds of Hogwarts. No cell phone reception for miles! And definitely no WiFi.
16. If a boy tries to enter the girls’ dormitories, the stairs will immediately turn into a slide. So, no sneaking around after hours!
17. During feasts, food appears by magic, but as we all know thanks to the Principal Exceptions to Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration, food cannot appear out of thin air. It is the work of the Hogwarts’ house elves. They work tirelessly in the kitchens to prepare meals for the entire school.
18. The house elves were first brought to Hogwarts by Helga Hufflepuff (true to her Hufflepuff nature), she wanted to offer them refuge and a place where they would not be abused.
19. Students need to be careful on the stairs, they’re always changing. By the Gryffindor Tower, there is a false step that Neville Longbottom has gotten stuck in a few times.
20. Hogwarts is home to the Room of Requirement, a secret room on the 7th floor that only appears when a person is in great need of it.
21. You can access the “Shrieking Shack” through a hidden entrance at the Whomping Willow, a tree on the Hogwarts grounds. But it's not an easy way to get inside.
22. The Whomping Willow has not always been on school grounds. It was put in when Remus Lupin started at Hogwarts, at the insistence of Albus Dumbledore, as a place for him to go during every full moon.
23. Hogwarts’ motto is: “Draco dormiens nunquam titllandu.” The translation is: “Never tickle a sleeping dragon.”
24. At Hogwarts, there is a Frog Choir that will perform at special occasions.
25. Peeves, a character you’ve never seen in the films, is a poltergeist that has lived in the castle since 993 A.D. He is in indestructible spirit of chaos.
26. The Battle of Hogwarts took place during the early hours of May 2nd, 1998, on the grounds of Hogwarts and inside the Great Hall. The end of the battle signified the defeat of Voldemort and the end to the Second Wizarding War, but also resulted in a great deal of destruction to Hogwarts. The building was restored afterwards and reopened for the following school year.
What is your favorite part about Hogwarts? Tweet us your thoughts with the hashtag #WelcomeBackToHogwarts!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz
Getty Images/Dave Hogan
Beyonce's father Mathew Knowles is convinced speculation that her marriage to Jay Z was on the rocks was created to boost ticket sales for their joint tour.
The couple was hit with split rumours during its On The Run trek, which began in June (14), and neither of the stars spoke publicly to defend their six-year marriage or deny the reports.
Beyonce's mother Tina blasted the speculation, insisting "everything's perfect", and now the former Destiny's Child star's dad and ex-manager Mathew has accused promoters of encouraging the rumours to drum up interest in the concerts. He tells Texas radio station 104.1 KRBE, "I know, because we've done this from experience. There's a tour going on, so you sometimes have to ignite that tour. It's called a Jedi mind trick. The Jedi mind trick fools you a lot at time."
Mathew Knowles also alludes to the infamous elevator bust-up between Jay Z and his sister-in-law Solange Knowles in May (14), adding, "All I know is the Jedi mind trick. Everyone's talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange's album sales went up 200 per cent!"
The On The Run Tour concludes in Paris, France in September (14).