British pop star Simon Webbe is the latest celebrity to sign up for reality TV series Strictly Come Dancing. The former Blue bandmate will show off his fancy footwork alongside Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays and rugby player Thom Evans when the show returns to U.K. screens in the autumn (14).
British singer Simon Webbe has urged fans to stand by his group Blue after bandmate Lee Ryan was convicted of criminal damage. The 30 year old was arrested by police in London last month (May14) after refusing to provide a specimen when he was stopped on
suspicion of driving under the influence.
Ryan was later hit with a criminal damage charge for urinating in his holding cell at a police station.
The troubled pop star, who has also faced a backlash following a disastrous appearance on U.K. reality show Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year (14), was slapped with a two-year driving ban and a $5,320 (£3,325) fine on Friday (02May14).
Now Webbe has asked fans to focus on the band's music rather than their antics.
Taking to Twitter.com, he writes, "Lee has made his mistakes held his hands up and taken good and Bad from it. He has been given his punishment for what he did and we... blue stand by the law and say we do not condone what happened. Please don't judge us by our actions as we are all the same... Judge the music cause that's what we are, (or like to think lol) artists. Listen our writing it comes from a place we all know!
"Massive thank you to all those who have seen it as it is and I hope we can all move on from this. Simon says Subject closed."
Ryan has vowed to go to rehab to help him overcome his personal issues.
British boyband Blue are writing a revealing memoir about their raunchy behaviour during their pop heyday. The group - which consists of Duncan James, Lee Ryan, Simon Webbe and Antony Costa - formed in 2000 and scored three number one albums in the U.K. before going on hiatus in 2005 and later reuniting in 2011.
The book is set to reveal all about their scandalous behaviour during their original run and the singers have guaranteed they will not hold back on the shocking stories.
James tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "There's going to be so much good stuff in there. We've all s**gged so many women - uncountable amounts. We've done everything possible. Nothing could possibly shock us now. It's going to be so kinky. The stories will just be unbelievable."
He also admits it was not just him and Ryan who were a hit with the ladies, saying, "Antony was just as bad, if not worse than me or Lee. He's settled now, but people will be shocked at the things we reveal.
Blue star Simon Webbe has filed for bankruptcy, becoming the third member of the boyband to fall into financial trouble. The singer filed papers to declare himself bankrupt in London on 25 September (13), according to court documents.
The move comes just weeks after his bandmate Duncan James also filed bankruptcy paperwork after the property crash left him penniless.
Fellow Blue star Antony Costa also opened up earlier this year (13) about how he was left homeless after the band's first split in 2004, when he went from earning $375,000 (£250,000) a month to just $600 (£400).
He said, "It was an odd process. I went from earning £250,000 a month on a tour to £400 a month acting in (stage show) Blood Brothers.
"I wasn't saving any of my money along the way and I had champagne taste with lemonade money in the end. I thought Blue was going to last forever and any money I did have left at the end of Blue I wasn't advised on how to save it but I don't blame anyone for that."
The singers will have the chance to boost their bank balances as they head out on a U.K. tour with Wet Wet Wet this month (Oct13).
British boyband star Duncan James has been declared bankrupt. The Blue singer, real name Duncan Inglis, filed bankruptcy paperwork with the High Court in London on 12 September (13) after falling into financial difficulty.
The move comes as James prepares to reunite with his bandmates Antony Costa, Lee Ryan and Simon Webbe for a comeback tour of the U.K. in October and November (13).
The All Rise hitmakers split in 2005 and got back together in 2009, but they've struggled to replicate the success of their heyday.
British pop stars Blue faced a race against time to make it to a gig in Germany on Tuesday (28May13) after two members of the boyband missed a flight out of London. A car carrying Simon Webbe and Antony Costa got caught up in heavy traffic on the way to Heathrow Airport and the two singers were left behind as their bandmates Lee Ryan and Duncan James flew to Hamburg for a show at the city's Kaiserkeller venue.
The stars were left scrambling for places on later flights amid fears they would not get to Hamburg in time for the concert.
Webbe updated fans about the drama in a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, writing, "Can't believe we missed our flight we have done everything right and it took 2 hrs (sic) to get to the airport. Gutted... How come people can't drive normally when it's raining I don't understand!"
When asked by a fan whether they could just hop on the next flight, Webbe added, "We missed that too and the one after that. If I don't smile it could drag me down. We'll get to Hamburg we are on a mission!"
Webbe later returned to the social networking website to assure devotees the pair had secured seats on an afternoon flight: "We have finally got a flight we arrive at 4.15pm and go straight to the venue."
The stars flew into Dusseldorf before taking a connecting flight to Hamburg.
Blue star Simon Webbe was so blase about cash at the beginning of his pop career, he was completely unfazed when he misplaced a $108,000 (£70,000) chain. The pop star blew a fortune on jewellery after the band hit the big time in their native U.K. in 2001, and he once decided to purchase a hugely expensive necklace.
But he took his luxurious lifestyle for granted and didn't think twice when he lost the piece on a plane.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "My biggest waste of money was buying diamonds, thinking I was 50 Cent and s**t. I went through a stage where I was into the whole hip-hop thing and everything had to be bling-bling for me.
"But it was really bling-blah. I'd spend £70,000 on a chain and end up losing most of it, leaving it on planes and stuff. And I just thought, 'Ah well, that's £70,000, I'll make that back in a couple of days.' And that's not really the attitude to have when you're 20 or 21."
British boyband stars Louis Tomlinson, Nathan Sykes, Simon Webbe and Nicky Byrne have expressed their sadness after Jls announced their split. The Beat Again hitmakers will part ways following a farewell tour later this year (13) after five years together, and One Direction hunk Tomlinson took to his Twitter.com page to share his disappointment with fans.
In a post, he writes, "Sad to hear about JLS. Wish them all the best of luck in what they go on to do."
Former Westlife singer Byrne adds, "Wishing all the JLS boys the very best of luck in all they go on to do. Well done lads", while The Wanted star Sykes shared, "Sad to hear about JLS. Some of the nicest guys in the business. Good luck to them all in the future!"
Another boyband singer, Blue star Webbe, urged the group to consider a reunion in the future, writing, "Gutted about JLS split those boys have so much more to offer the music business hope they reconsider later down the line."
The Saturdays star Rochelle Humes, who is expecting her first child with JLS hunk Marvin Humes, also expressed her sadness about the split, writing, "As well as being a wife I'm a big JLS fan. I am V (very) sad it's the end of an era. What an amazing run. I'm so so proud of them. 4 genuine best friends," and her bandmate Mollie King adds, "So sad to hear the JLS news... you guys will be very missed! But man alive will the farewell tour be a gooden (sic)! Bring it on boys!"
The stars of JLS confirmed the split news in a statement, thanking fans for their support over the years and insisting they will continue working with their young persons' charity, the JLS Foundation.
The former EastEnders star was involved in a smash in Derby, England on Wednesday night (30Jan13) after performing in a play. He is being treated for cuts and bruises at the Royal Derby Hospital.
A spokesman for Derbyshire police says, "A 34-year-old man was taken to hospital after being involved in a road accident in Derby.
"The driver, who was the only person in the vehicle, was taken to the Royal Derby Hospital to be treated... No other vehicles were involved and his injuries are not thought to be life threatening."
Gaffney's manager Dave Read says, "He's very lucky. He's in hospital being looked after... he escaped with cuts and bruises. He's going to be OK."
Gaffney's former EastEnders co-star, Spandau Ballet musician Martin Kemp, sent his best wishes to his friend on Twitter.com, writing, "All our love going out to (Dean Gaffney) and his family... Get well soon buddy, I'm thinking of you!"
Blue singer Simon Webbe wrote, "Please say a prayer for a friend of ours Dean Gaffney who is fighting for his life right now. Our thoughts are with you," and Another Level star Dane Bowers adds, "Wishing my boy... all the best!! Thoughts are with him and his family."