Justin Bieber is "relieved" after prosecutors in Canada dropped an assault charge against him on Monday (08Sep14).
The troubled pop star was accused of attacking a limousine driver in Toronto last year (13), but officials withdraw the charge against the 20-year-old star during a hearing at a court in the city. Officials insist they could not prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" Bieber was the offender because there were several other passengers in the car at the time of the incident.
Prosecutor David Mitchell told the court they had decided not to proceed with the case as there is "no reasonable prospect of conviction," adding, "There were a number of people in the vehicle seated behind the driver at the time of the incident, and the (prosecution) is not in a position to establish the identification of the person who came into contact with the complainant beyond a reasonable doubt based on the evidence available."
Bieber's lawyer Brian Greenspan told reporters outside the court, "(Bieber) was obviously relieved... (and feels ready to) get on with his busy career with one less diversion... This is an example of the system working as it should. Police laid the charge after a complaint was made and the (prosecution) did its job by reviewing all the evidence before reaching the correct decision."
The news comes as a boost to Bieber following a string of recent convictions for his bad boy behaviour. He was convicted of vandalism in July (14) for pelting a neighbour's house with eggs, and he also pleaded guilty to misdemeanour charges of careless driving and resisting arrest last month (Aug14) stemming from an arrest in Miami Beach, Florida earlier in the year (14).
The bridal gown Princess Diana wore when she wed Britain's Prince Charles in 1981 is set to be handed over to the couple's sons William and Harry, 17 years after her tragic death. Diana stipulated in her will that the silk and taffeta lace dress, designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel, should be given to her boys once her youngest, Prince Harry, turns 30. He will reach the age milestone on 15 September (14).
The iconic outfit, which featured 10,000 pearls and boasted a 25-foot (7.62-metre) train, has been in the possession of the late princess' brother, Charles Spencer, since Diana lost her life in a car crash in Paris, France in 1997.
He previously used it as the centrepiece of the Spencer family museum at Althorp in Northamptonshire, England, where it remained on display for over 10 years from 1998.
It is not yet known what Princes William and Harry plan to do with the dress.
Britney Spears has confirmed reports her romance with David Lucado is over.
The couple has been dating for 18 months but the love affair has officially come to an end.
After online bloggers suggested a video of Lucado with another girl is being shopped around news outlets, Spears took to her Twitter.com account on Thursday (28Aug14) and wrote, "Ahhhh the single life!" Spears' publicist also confirmed the split to Billboard.com and said, "Yes, she's single."
The news of their breakup comes days after Spears invited Lucado on stage during her Las Vegas Britney: Piece of Me show on Saturday (23Aug14). During the sexy performance, he had a leash tied around his neck and was led around on all fours by Spears.
Lucado and Spears started dating in March 2013, shortly after the singer called off her engagement to former manager Jason Trawick.
Actress Amanda Peet revealed she is pregnant with her third child by debuting her growing baby bump on the red carpet at the Emmy Awards on Monday (25Aug14). The Whole Nine Yards star arrived at the Los Angeles prizegiving to support her husband, Game of Thrones executive producer David Benioff, and while posing for pictures in a flowing Giambattista Valli dress, Peet proudly showed off her burgeoning bump.
Peet and Benioff are already parents to two daughters, France, seven, and Molly, four, and the actress tells Us Weekly that her kids are looking forward to welcoming another member into their family.
Peet says, "They're pretty excited. The older one is pretty excited, the middle one is not so sure."
The mum-to-be admits being pregnant at 42 years old is "quite something" and confesses her glam look for the ceremony won't last too long, adding, "I'll be taking these heels off in a minute."
Madonna has shared her favourite birthday party images with fans after posting shots from the bash in Cannes, France online. The pop superstar celebrated her 56th on Saturday (16Aug14) with a 1920s-themed celebration at a private villa in France, where guests included model Kate Moss and Madonna's longtime manager Guy Oseary.
The singer shared her selfies and snaps of guests dancing on Instagram, but it one with Moss that really caught the eye - it the shot, Madonna and Moss are pictured on their knees and the pop star added the caption, "Bow down B*tches! #whatitfeelslikeforagirl."
The birthday girls kids Rocco, Lourdes Leon, Mercy and David Banda also flew in for the party.
Australian singer/actress Natalie Imbruglia is considering signing up for Internet dating as she is struggling to find a man.
The Torn hitmaker split from Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns in 2008 after five years of marriage, and has since been linked to stars including Friends actor David Schwimmer and Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill.
However, Imbruglia admits she has now been single for a long time and she is turning to online dating websites in a bid to find love.
She tells KIIS 1065's The Kyle and Jackie O Show, "(My love life is) shocking! I'm so single... I don't know (why)... I just want to meet (someone normal)... I'm starting to consider that I should go on (dating app) Tinder... Well where am I going to meet people?... My girlfriend in London has fallen madly in love on her third Tinder date and I'm incredibly jealous. And he's a really nice normal guy, a director... I've met him, he's really sweet and really normal... Everyone I know who is single is on Tinder in London."
When the presenters informed the star that most people who use the app are just looking for one-night stands, Imbruglia replies, "No! Is that what it is? Now I'm regretting bringing this up on the radio!... Ok you've turned me off now."
Dance music superstar David Guetta is still fighting over the division of assets with his ex-wife Cathy, four months after their divorce was finalised. The couple's 24-year marriage was officially declared over in a Paris, France court in March (14), but it appears the pair has yet to reach an agreement over how to split its shared business interests.
A source tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "Cathy owns all of the business names, and the music (rights), (including) their 'F**k Me I'm Famous' brand (of dance parties and popular compilation albums).
"Even though (their divorce) is finalized, things are not good."
The report suggests Guetta will lose half of his $30 million (£17.65 million) fortune to his ex as she was key in helping him establish himself as a top producer/DJ over the years.
Another insider adds, "He's the rock star, but she's the business mogul."
Movie icon Steve Mcqueen's son is to return to the site of his father's Le Mans movie this weekend (06Jul14) for the classic car race, 44 years after his first trip to the track. Chad McQueen was just a boy when he joined his dad on location and now he's backing a new documentary about the making of the 1970s film, which resumes filming in France on Friday (04Jul14).
McQueen: The Man & Le Mans, co-directed by Gabriel Clarke and John McKenna, features stock footage of McQueen on set as he strives to make "the ultimate racing motion picture".
It will include interviews with five-time Le Mans winner Derek Bell, David Piper, who lost a leg during filming, and McQueen's co-star in the film, Sigi Rauch.
Chad McQueen tells WENN, "I remember my time as a boy on the set in Le Mans as though it were yesterday, so it is exciting to return. My dad set out to make the most realistic racing film ever, and it was one of the most personally important films in his career, which is why now, more than 40 years later, I believe he would have been proud that it has become one of the greatest stories about racing ever told."
Revered moviemaker David Cronenberg has revealed he was offered the chance to direct one of the new Star Wars films but turned Disney executives down.
The Naked Lunch and Eastern Promises director tells The Hollywood Reporter he received a phone call from film bosses shortly after J.J. Abrams was named as the man behind Episode VII, asking him if he'd be interested in taking the reins of a future installment.
He recalls, "Instead of saying, 'Oh my God, yes!' I said, 'Well, you know, I don't really do other people's material'. I don't know how far it would have gone but it ended there."
Cronenberg tells the publication he also passed on the Total Recall remake, starring Colin Farrell and Kate Beckinsale, adding, "It's not in my nervous system to do something like that."
Len Wiseman took on the Total Recall project, while Rian Johnson is reportedly in talks to direct the next two Star Wars films in the franchise.
Rapper Kanye West is reportedly heading back to France to hit the stage as a guest speaker at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The outspoken Touch The Sky hitmaker, who celebrated his wedding to reality star Kim Kardashian in Paris last month (May14), has been tapped as a surprise addition to the line up for the advertising seminar Technology, Culture and Consumer Adoption: Learning to Read the Cultural Landscape, which will take place on Tuesday (17Jun14), according to the New York Post.
West, who has been vocal about his passion to push the boundaries of art, fashion and technology in everything he does, will discuss the links between digital advances and cultural evolution alongside former music executive Steve Stoute and financier Ben Horowitz, co-founder of venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
The musician won't be the only celebrity speaker at the annual event - former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff helped to kick off the 2014 Cannes Lions on Sunday (15Jun14) by delivering a speech about brand relevance at the very first seminar of the festival, while actress Sarah Jessica Parker and director Spike Jonze have also taken part in talks.