After sitting through the 2013 Oscars ceremony, which was long enough for Daniel Day-Lewis to grow back his Lincoln beard before the credits rolled, it was up to the evening’s Oscars after-parties to make the night interesting. Unfortunately, most of us weren’t lucky enough to stroll into the exclusive soirees, so we’ll just have to live vicariously through the legions of candid snapshots coming out of the fetes. That also means we’ll probably never know the actual words being shared between the Oscar winners and losers, the fame-mongers and superstars, the Anne Hathaways and the Jennifer Lawrences.
Lucky for you, we’ve got a pretty good idea of what was probably (see: in our dreams) being said while the brightest stars in Tinsel Town sipped on cocktails and champagne after the curtains closed on the Academy’s big night. (What can we say? We know our A-listers better than we know most of our own friends and relatives.)
Follow Kelsea on Twitter @KelseaStahler
[Photo Credit: Jeff Vespa/VF13/WireImage]
Oscars 2013 Special Coverage
• Anne Hathaway: Oscar’s Worst Dressed?
• Seth MacFarlane’s Opening: How’d He Do?
• Adele’s Performance Gets Mixed Reviews
• 15 Oscar-Winning Nude Scenes
• What Happened to Renee Zellweger’s Face?
• Oscars 2013: The Full Winners List
• Why Kristen Stewart Was on Crutches