Gilberto Sanchez, a glass installer and musician based in New York, posted a print of the superhero movie - starring Hugh Jackman - online back in 2009, four weeks before the film hit cinemas.
He was arrested by agents at America's Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and subsequently pleaded guilty to a charge of felony copyright infringement. Sanchez claimed he bought the movie from a street vendor in the Big Apple.
Judge Margaret Morrow sentenced Sanchez to 12 months behind bars on Monday (19Dec11), as well as one year of supervised release and restrictions on computer use.
Morrow branded his actions "extremely serious", while US attorney Andre Birotte, Jr adds, "The federal prison sentence handed down in this case sends a strong message of deterrence to would-be internet pirates. The Justice Department will pursue and prosecute persons who seek to steal the intellectual property of this nation."
Mysterious Girl hitmaker Andre launched legal action in 2009 after Price told two separate interviewers he had been unfaithful during their three-and-a-half year union.
On Friday (02Dec11), the case came before a judge at London's High Court and a lawyer for Price told the hearing she has agreed to pay Andre an undisclosed sum of damages for the slur. She also offered her ex a public apology, which he has accepted.
The court was told Andre plans to pay the money into a trust fund for Price's disabled son Harvey, her child from a previous relationship.
Price wed Andre in 2005 after they met while taking part in jungle-based reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!. They divorced in 2009 and have two children.
The talk show host has been dating hotel owner Andre Balazs, who was previously linked to Uma Thurman, since last year (10) but the relationship reportedly came to an end this month (Nov11).
A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six that Handler is coping well: "She's fine. If she's feeling down, she's certainly not showing it."
Handler received a prize at the Glamour Women Of The Year Awards ceremony in New York on Monday night (07Nov11) and walked the red carpet without Balazs.
The hotel heiress, who has been busy promoting her new handbag collection around the world, arrived in Kiev on Friday (14Oct11) in preparation for her modelling stint in Tan's fashion show, in which Hilton showed off her slim figure by strutting her stuff in a low-cut yellow dress.
Gushing about her catwalk experience, Hilton later wrote on Twitter.com, "Just finished walking the Andre Tan Runway Show. So much fun! Loved my dress! Hot!"
Banks recruited the veteran trendsetter to join the series' judging panel last year (10), but he has now stepped down from the job after four seasons.
Talley insists rumours of a rift between himself and Banks are unfounded and they "remain friends", according to the New York Post's Page Six column.
He adds, "It's all good in the neighbourhood. I had a fabulous time. It was a mutual agreement. There is no unhappiness at all."
The publication reports Talley will be replaced by fashion publicist Kelly Cutrone.
Hogan, real name Terrance Bollea, is set to launch his latest TV venture, upcoming programme Hulk Hogan's Micro Championship Wrestling, on U.S. network TruTV on Wednesday (14Sep11).
The show will chronicle the lives of a group of little wrestlers based in Florida, as Hogan helps them elevate their skills to match the successes of their larger counterparts.
He tells gossip blog PerezHilton.com, "I spent 20 years around (7-foot, 4-inch) Andre the Giant and he couldn't sit in a first class seat (on an airplane). People would walk behind him in the airport and you'd hear comments. They'd say cruel things.
"(But) in these guys' cases, you might see one go into a hotel lobby front desk and the clerk can't see them. I'm trying to get them to function on a higher level. How to handle themselves in the ring, being more professional and, basically, reinventing yourself. We get to see how they handle normal-sized doors and cars, as well as watching them deal with their wives or helping their kids doing their homework."
The 71-year-old beauty has been married four times - for five years to agent James Welch until 1964, to producer Patrick Curtis for five years until 1972, and in 1980 she began a 10-year marriage to Andre Weinfeld.
Welch wed her fourth husband, Richard Palmer, in 1999 and the pair have been separated since 2008 - but the Hollywood star is adamant she won't become a bride again.
She tells Britain's Elle magazine, "I'm just not suited for it any longer. I love men and I love their company, but I am too independent and self-motivated.
"I'm willing to date but, quite frankly, there is a diminishing group of eligible people at my age. I don't mind the traditional roles of male and female but, as you can tell, I am a very strong minded woman. I'm sure I would be a challenge for an awful lot of men. They wouldn't want to deal with it or, if they would like to deal with it, maybe I'm just not that interested."
The Queen star, 66, topped the poll voted for by members of British gym chain LA Fitness, leaving Amazonian supermodel Elle Macpherson in second place.
Brook and Lopez came third and fourth respectively, while U.K. singer Cheryl Cole rounded out the top five.
David Beckham topped the men's poll, while James Bond star Daniel Craig was named runner-up. Johnny Depp came third, Brad Pitt was voted fourth and Australian singer Peter Andre was fifth.
The funnyman, who wrote and starred in the popular sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond for nine seasons, signed a deal with American network TNT in 2009 to pen the comedy, which focuses on the lives of a middle-aged man and his two college buddies, played by Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula.
However, after just two seasons, network executives have decided not to move forward with the show for another series, blaming the axing on viewing figures.
A spokesperson says, "TNT has been proud to be a part of Men of a Certain Age for two seasons. While the show has featured great storytelling and impeccable performances, the audience simply hasn't built to the point where we can continue the series.
"This was an extremely difficult decision for us. We wish Ray Romano, (co-creator) Mike Royce and the terrific cast and crew of Men of a Certain Age the very best and look forward to exploring new programming possibilities in the future."
The British actress' apparent interest is a big boost to fans of Hendrix, who were keen to see the Hey Ya! hitmaker as the late rock legend.
Atwell tells Esquire magazine, "Next up is possibly a Jimi Hendrix biopic - an independent film with Andre 3000 from Outkast playing Jimi Hendrix. But I don't know, really. The Atwell team is like, 'Let's just wait and see.'"