Scottish actor Ewan Mcgregor had a special tattoo added to his collection in honour of the birth of his fourth daughter in 2011. When the Moulin Rouge! star and his wife Eve Mavrakis welcomed Anouk he turned to celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D for another inking.
Opening up about McGregor's project in her new book, Von D explains, "When Ewan decided to get his tattoo, the idea was to use things about him that were never going to change...
"He already had a tattoo with the names of his wife and three daughters but when they added a fourth girl to their family, he wanted to incorporate her name into the tattoo.
"The goal was to add a new banner at the top of the piece, with his youngest daughter's name spelled out."
Little Anouk joins the McGregors' two biological children, Clara Mathilde and Esther Rose, and adopted daughter Jamiyan.
"I had to learn it in two weeks with a translator. And Ewan's wife (Eve Mavrakis) speaks Chinese, so she helped!" Actress Emily Blunt on learning Mandarin for her new film, Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, with Ewan McGregor.
The Trainspotting star was researching a 1968 yacht race for a movie he was hoping to make with his wife Eve Mavrakis when he learned the film was already in production.
He tells Nylon Guys magazine, "My wife was going to design it. I wasn't going to be in it. And then I found out someone else is doing it. I was gutted."
But the disappointment hasn't thwarted McGregor's director dreams: "I think it would be so fascinating and satisfying, but I don't pretend... I would be starting right at the bottom."
Ewan McGregor has always been extremely private about his family life, but in an interview with the New York Post he let it slip that he and his wife Eve Mavrakis just adopted a baby girl. This 4 month old little bundle of joy will be the fourth child of the proud papa. No details about the baby's name or nationality have been revealed yet, but this is the second child Ewan and his wife have adopted. Their daughter, Jamiyan, was adopted from Mongolia five years ago. The couple are also parents to Clara who is 15 years old, and Esther who is 9.
To Ewan, family always comes first. While promoting his movie Beginners in Los Angeles last month the actor stated, "My wife and four girls - 15, two nine-year-olds and a baby of four months - often come with me if it's a holiday or my locations and their schedules allow....sometimes we uproot them and put them in another school." Although I'm not sure how great it is to uproot children from their environment constantly, I bet getting to see as much Mr. McGregor as possible more than makes up for it. What advice does this Angels and Demons star have for all parents out there -- make time to play with your kids. "Lose yourself in their world. Even if you do it for a short time, it will mean a lot to you and to them." Like we didn't already have enough reasons to love this adorable actor. Congrats on the new addition!
Source: Daily Mail
The Moulin Rouge! star has two biological children with his wife Eve Mavrakis - 15-year-old Clara Mathilde and Esther Rose, nine.
The pair added to its brood in 2006 when they adopted daughter Jamiyan, nine, from Mongolia.
Now McGregor and his wife are caring for a new baby, although he has refused to reveal her name or details of her background, according to Scotland's Daily Record newspaper.
In May (11), the actor told the New York Post, "My wife and four girls - 15, two nine year olds and a baby of four months - often come with me if it's a holiday or my locations and their schedules allow. Sometimes we uproot them and put them in another school."
The tot was reportedly born in January (11), but it is not known whether she was adopted or is the couple's natural daughter.
Born in Crieff, Scotland, drama school drop-out McGregor has been working steadily on the stage, in Hollywood and indie arthouse flicks ever since he wowed with his break-out role as a junkie in 1996's Trainspotting.
He's proved there's no part he can't tackle, portraying everything from a glam rock star to a priest and, of course, a Jedi Knight.
To salute Ewan on his special day, WENN has opened up the archives and dug up 10 facts about his life.
- Early on in his career, McGregor shared an apartment with another aspiring actor - Jude Law.
- He met his wife, French production designer Eve Mavrakis, after he was cast in an episode of the U.K. legal drama Kavanagh QC.
- In 2001, McGregor received an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland.
- McGregor was nearly a superspy - he was approached to play James Bond in the 2006 blockbuster but turned down the job, which went to Daniel Craig.
- Before playing Obi-Wan Kenobi, McGregor was already a Star Wars fan - his uncle, actor/director Denis Lawson, played an X-wing pilot in all three original Star Wars movies.
- McGregor is Hollywood's go-to guy for full-frontal nudity - he's bared all in a number of his films, including Trainspotting, Velvet Goldmine, The Pillow Book, and Young Adam.
- He and Mavrakis have three daughters, including Clara Mathilde, Esther Rose and Jamiyan, who the couple adopted from Mongolia.
- He was the best man at Dougray Scott's 2000 wedding to casting director Sarah Trevis.
- A motorcycle enthusiast since his youth, McGregor and his pal Charley Boorman hit the road for four months in 2004 to travel from London to New York. The pair embarked on another international motorcycle marathon in 2007, biking from Scotland to South Africa, and they have plans for a third adventure later this year (11).
- He shares his birthday with stars including Christopher Walken, AC/DC rocker Angus Young and Rhea Perlman.
The Trainspotting star teamed up with his pal Charley Boorman for a marathon motorcycle trip in 2004.
The pair spent four months on the road travelling from London to New York and covered a cumulative distance of 22,345 miles (35,960 kilometres).
They filmed the trip for their Long Way Round television series, which also spawned a bestselling book of the same name.
Now McGregor wants to do it all again - he's planning more adventures for this summer (10) after a family vacation with his wife, Eve Mavrakis, and their children.
He says, "I've done a lot of hard work recently and I admit that after a burst of intense creativity I've got a bit of wanderlust. I've still got the bike and it's now got a sidecar on it, so I'll take my dog Sid along with me this time.
"I want to have our summer holidays as a family and then I'd like to get going. It would be a fantastic thing to do. It'll be good to get my leathers and my goggles on again."