• Jessica Simpson really wants to prove she’s not having a shotgun wedding, y’all. She and her fiancé were slinging back margaritas and tequila shots after the Rockefeller Center tree lighting in New York. Nothing says, “No way in hell am I having a baby” like drunken PDA and tequila shots. You win, Ms. Simpson. -NY Post
• Cute as a button actress Reese Witherspoon finally got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In case her toothy grin and goldilocks weren’t enough, she accepted star No. 2,425 alongside her rosy cheeked 11 year old daughter and adorable 7 year old son. Oh, and for good measure, she was also holding a puppy. Cute overload; I think my brain just turned into fluffy, pink cotton candy.
• Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis gave up their “sweatpants nights” watching Top Chef for months and months of training and celery sticks for Black Swan (okay, I’m assuming the celery sticks part). Kunis said while filming she was “always hungry” and once she was finished she broke her ballerina diet with Panda Express at the JFK food court. I’d make some snarky comment about the lowliest form of airport food, but she earned it. Enjoy that greasy grub, girlie. -MTV
• Don’t ask Kirsten Dunst about the latest it-couple. Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal’s latest love interest is a sore spot for Dunst, who snapped at reporters at the New York premiere of All Good Things. In the wake of his Taylor Swift romance, the question on everyone’s mind is what Jake’s on-again off-again girlfriend up until 2004 thinks, right? Or maybe we’re all wondering why a 29 year old is dating someone who’s not even old enough to drink, I think we can live without a quote from Kirsten. -Us
• It’s official, CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric will gleek out alongside Sue Sylvester on the post-Super Bowl episode of Glee. She may have had her sights set on Dancing With the Stars to fulfill her showbiz dreams but honestly, Katie, I think Glee’s a better option. Plus, maybe she can give Sue a few pointers on her next “Sue’s Corner” segment. -NY Magazine
• Kate Winslet is secretly in love with Michelle Williams…er, sort of. The British actress hosted a private dinner for Williams during which she admitted having a “secret love affair” with the star “from a distance.” Of course, she made sure to banish the creepy by clarifying that Williams’ talent makes her want to be her friend. Besides, I don’t think anyone would be creeped out if Kate Winslet dreamed of being their friend. Kate, you can have dreams of a “fantasy friendship” with me any day. -NY Post
The coat first came to attention when the picture's costume designer, Wendy Chuck, claimed she made a last minute dash to U.S. clothing chain Nordstrom and picked out the BB Dakota item to be worn by Stewart's character Bella Swan in 2008's Twilight.
Executives at BB Dakota subsequently began marketing the blue cotton coat emphasising the item's link to the vampire franchise, using the line, "Bella Swann (sic) wears this jacket in Twilight and scores the hottest vampire in high school, and so can you!"
But the advertising ploy has riled bosses at Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the Twilight films, and they filed a lawsuit against the clothing company on Friday (11Jun10) claiming copyright and trademark infringement.
The lawsuit seeks an injunction against further sale of the item and demands BB Dakota bosses turn over all profits earned from the sales.
Film bosses also want the clothing firm to "deliver to Summit for destruction all Bella Jackets," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The story starts at a junior high dance where a nerdy kid Jeremy asks each one of the popular girls to dance. All of them in one way or another rebuff and ridicule Jeremy mercilessly. Jumping ahead 13 years it's nearing Valentine's Day and the girls still close friends are now all grown up. There's sexy Paige (Denise Richards) smart Shelley (Katherine Heigl) fun Lily (Jessica Cauffiel) sweet Kate (Marley Shelton) and ugly duckling-turned-swan Dorothy (Jessica Capshaw). Tragically the girls and the men in their lives are being bumped off one by one in rather gruesome ways by a killer in a angel mask with most of the murders taking place at Dorothy's Valentine's Day party. Is it Jeremy who's come back for revenge or someone else?
Well there certainly isn't a lack of beautiful people in this movie. And that's what a slasher film is all about. Not much is required of the acting besides looking scared and asking "Who's there?" But darn it they all look good doing it. As far as any notable standouts Denise Richard's sexy bad girl actually has the audience guessing whether or not she's the killer which is a credit to her performance. Other than that the rest of the cast just goes along for the ride in an extremely predictable script.
Really what can one say about another slasher film that is incredibly formulaic? There are no real twists or surprises. One must plod through the whole movie hoping to find a touch of originality or even creativity but is pretty much served the same tired horror schtick as in most other horror flicks. The only saving grace is the more well-known cast members especially David Boreanaz ("Angel") as Kate's boyfriend Richards ("The World Is Not Enough" "Wild Things") and Shelton (in the new release "Sugar and Spice"). And unfortunately that really isn't saying a whole lot.