Actress Evan Rachel Wood has shot down rumours suggesting she has reconciled with estranged husband Jamie Bell after they exchanged messages on Twitter.com to celebrate their son's first birthday. The stars announced their split in May (14), less than two years after they wed, but insisted they would remain close to co-parent their baby boy, whose name has not been released.
Wood marked her son's big day on Tuesday (29Jul14) by taking to Twitter to write a heartfelt message about her kid, stating, "Today is my beautiful son's birthday. One year ago my life changed forever and the light of my life came into the world watching him grow is like having front row seats to the greatest show on earth... Happy Birthday my sweet baby."
She also added, "Its the babys birthday (sic). Its my 'birth' day".
The tweets prompted Bell to reach out to The Wrestler beauty online to celebrate their son's milestone, writing, "Happy birth day @evanrachelwood What a ride! Love you", to which his ex replied, "what a ride indeed! Thank u 4 helping me through it all. Love you too".
The sweet exchange led some followers to believe Wood and the British actor had rekindled their romance, and it was even picked up by editors at a gossip website, who tweeted, "Evan back with husband, as she wishes son a happy birthday..."
The false headline caught the actress' eye and she immediately dismissed the claims, replying, "Wait what? No. Lets not start that rumor (sic)".
Wood is spending baby's first birthday away from home - she is currently shooting new film Into the Forest on location in Canada and recently revealed she was unable to take the tot with her due to a delay in obtaining his first passport.
Actress Evan Rachel Wood is facing the prospect of leaving the U.S. to work abroad without her baby son after officials denied him a passport. The Wrestler star is mother to a 12-month-old boy with her estranged husband Jamie Bell, and she has been applying for her son's first travel documents so he can accompany her on a work trip.
However, Wood's application has been rejected and she is upset that she might have to leave the country without the youngster.
In a series of posts on Twitter.com, she writes, "My child keeps getting denied a passport because of our 'home birth' he has a birth certificate and everything they asked for... I am working out of the country and he is not being allowed to go with me. This can't be legal!!!"
The little boy, whose name has not been made public, was born last July (13). Wood confirmed her split from his father, British actor Bell, in May (14).
Sir Anthony Hopkins has become the latest movie star to sign up for a TV series after joining the cast of a new project inspired by director Michael Crichton's cult 1973 movie Westworld. Evan Rachel Wood will also star in the project, which will be produced by J.J. Abrams and Jerry Weintraub.
The original film starred Richard Benjamin, James Brolin and Yul Bryner, who portrayed creepy robot cowboy Gunslinger.
At the beginning of the year, it seemed like you couldn't go a single day without hearing about whichever insane thing Shia LaBeouf had gotten up to in the name of "art." After coming under fire for plagiarizing his short film, the former Even Stevens star embarked on a whirlwind press tour of oddity, until both LaBeouf and the general public grew tired of his antics, so he took a break from being outrageous for a living and we all stopped paying attention to him... until Thursday night, when he was escorted out of a performance of Cabaret in handcuffs at intermission. According to BroadwayWorld, LaBeouf was disruptive and distracting during the entire first act of the Broadway show, which frustrated both the cast and the audience. He was also rumored to have been smoking inside the theater, which is designed to look like run down nightclub in Germany. When security asked him to leave at intermission, LaBeouf refused, and the police were called to escort him out of Studio 54 in handcuffs.
The news confirmed by cast member Danny Burstein, who posted about the incident on his Facebook page, and composer Benj Pasek, who tweeted about it. And because one bizarre altercation wasn't enough for LaBeouf, footage surfaced early Friday morning of the actor chasing a man through Times Square, hours before the show began. Guess now we know why he was in such a terrible mood at the theater. Since this is truly just the latest in a long line of weird, dumb, completely crazy and attention-getting stunt that LaBeouf has pulled over the course of his career, we decided to see where it would fall in the great tableau of his insanity.
23. Feb 2008: Given a ticket for unlawful smoking in Burbank; issued an arrest warrant for not showing up in court a month later, but the warrant was rescinded when his lawyer showed up a day later.
22. December 2013: Revealed to have plagiarized two of his comic books.
21. August 2011: Brags in Details magazine about hooking up with Isabel Lucas and Megan Fox while they were both in relationships
2o. Jan 2014: Skywrites #stopcreating after he feels attacked by Daniel Clowes and the media for plagiarizing
19. Jan 2014: Hit with a cease-and-desist letter from Daniel Clowes and his lawyers after tweeting about his “new project” and copying the description of one of Clowes’ novels word for word.
18. Nov 2012: Starts a bar fight in London after someone steals his hat.
17. Feb 2013: Drops out of the Broadway production of Orphans, citing “creative differences” with Alec Baldwin; Baldwin maintains he was fired due to difficult behavior.
16. June 2012: Appears nude in music video for Sigur Ros’ "Fjögur Píanó."
15. Nov 2007: Arrested for misdemeanor trespassing after refusing to leave a Walgreens when a security guard asked him to.
14. Feb 2013: Publishes an apology email he wrote Alec Baldwin on Twitter which he plagiarized from a 2009 Esquire essay.
13. Dec 2013: Revealed to have plagiarized significant parts of his short film, HowardContour.com from the graphic novelist Daniel Clowes; tweets an apology that itself was plagiarized.
12. Dec 2013: Begins overtly plagiarizing all of his tweets from other celebrities.
11. Jan 2013: Takes acid in preparation for his role in Charlie Countryman, films his trip and sends the video to co-star Evan Rachel Wood for critique.
10. Jan 2014: Skywrites an apology to Daniel Clowes… nowhere near where the novelist would be able to see it.
9. Jan 2014: Retires from all public life on Twitter; continues to tweet.
8. Feb 2014: Arrives at Berlin Film Festival press conference in ratty, dirty street clothes, recites Eric Cantona’s infamous “seagulls” speech, then abruptly leaves.
7. Feb 2014: Attends the Nymphomaniac premiere with a paper bag over his head that reads “I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE.”
6. June 2014: Is escorted out of a Broadway performance of Cabaret in handcuffs after “acting disorderly, yelling and being loud” during the first act and reportedly smoking in the theater.
5. June 2014: Caught on video chasing a man through Times Square. Some onlookers claimed he wanted the man’s McDonald’s French fries, while TMZ claims that the man was actually holding a tan cap, rather than a fast food bag.
4. Feb 2005: Arrested and charged with assault after threatening his neighbor by driving into his car; allegedly showed up on neighbor’s doorstep later that night brandishing a kitchen knife.
3. Oct 2013: Attempts to film two girls vomiting on a sidewalk in London, gets punched in the face and kicked in the junk.
2. Jan 2013: Dropped acid on the set of Charlie Countryman in front of the cast and crew to get into character, despite the fact that the character actually takes ecstasy. Gets naked, runs around, hallucinates an owl and traumatizes Rupert Grint.
1. Feb 2014: Holds an art exhibition – titled #IAMSORRY – in which people select a random object and sit in a room with him, while he endures whatever they do to him; he always cries at the end, even though everyone thinks they’re the only person he cried for. The exhibition is criticized for ripping off performance artists Marina Abromovic and for being insane. Only Jaden Smith gets it.
Comedian Tracy Morgan is receiving "excellent care" from doctors at a New Jersey hospital, but remains in critical condition following a fatal car crash early on Saturday morning (07Jun14), according to the star's representative. The 30 Rock actor, 45, was a passenger in a limo bus which was involved in a six-vehicle pile-up in Cranbury as he made his way back to his New Jersey home following a stand-up gig in Dover, Delaware on Friday night (06Jun14).
Authorities have confirmed that Morgan's comedy writer, James McNair, a passenger onboard the luxury vehicle, died in the accident, while three others, including the actor and his assistant Jeff Millea, are in intensive care and one person is in fair condition.
A statement issued by his representative reads: "Tracy remains in critical condition at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital. He sustained these injuries in an accident that occurred early this morning as one of several passengers in a chauffeured SUV returning from a tour date in Delaware.
"His family is now with him and he is receiving excellent care. We don't anticipate much of a change in his condition today but will provide a further update once more information becomes available."
New Jersey State Police reveal two tractor trailers, two cars and one SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) were involved in the horrific accident, although the cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Meanwhile, a host of celebrities have taken to Twitter.com to share their prayers for the actor.
His 30 Rock co-star Alec Baldwin retweeted one fan's message of condolence, and simply added the hashtag "PrayForTracyMorgan", while actress Sarah Michelle Gellar writes, "@RealTracyMorgan My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please get well soon."
Funnywoman Roseanne Barr posts, "Tracy Morgan is a comic genius and I hope he will recover from the injuries received in a car crash! We love U Tracy (sic)!!", and his fellow Saturday Night Live alum Rachel Dratch tweets, "Shocked to wake up and read that @RealTracyMorgan is injured. Love to Tracy and wishing him strength."
Singer Mary J. Blige writes, "I send angels and prayers to Tracy Morgan. Pls (please) hang in there", and hip-hop star Questlove adds, "Strength & Speedy Recovery to @RealTracyMorgan who survived a massive car crash this morn (sic).".
Comedians Mike Epps and Eddie Griffin, director Jon Favreau, rapper Raekwon and actresses Alyssa Milano and Chloe Grace Moretz have also sent their well wishes to Morgan.
Actress Emma Roberts was honoured for her career achievements at the Maui Film Festival in Hawaii on Thursday night (05Jun14). Julia Roberts' niece was presented with the Shining Star Award on the second day of the annual movie event.
On the opening night of the event on Tuesday (04Jun14), actor Mike Myers presented a special honour to music manager Shep Gordon. The industry mogul, who is the subject of Myers' film Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon, picked up the Maverick Award.
Other stars set for honours during the festival include 12 Years A Slave actress Lupita Nyong'o, the recipient of the Rainmaker Award, Evan Rachel Wood (Nova Award), and Joe Manganiello (Triple Threat Award).
Wood made her first public appearance since splitting from her husband Jamie Bell when she attended the festival's opening night reception on Tuesday.
A representative for Evan Rachel Wood has blasted a $30 million (£19 million) lawsuit filed by producers behind a sequel to 10 Things I Hate About You, alleging the production was shut down when they ran out of money. Bosses at 10 Things Film LLC have filed suit against The Wrestler star over claims she failed to return to film 10 Things I Hate About Life after the shoot was temporarily halted in early 2013.
The suit also alleged Wood was paid and retained a $300,000 (£188,000) advance, but now her team is hitting back.
A statement from the actress' spokesperson reads, "The lawsuit is preposterous and simply a bullying tactic from financially troubled producers. The production shut down in February 2013 when the producers ran out of money. Even after that, Evan agreed to resume production in Nov. 2013 by which time the producers said they would have cleared up their issues. However, the producers still could not get their act together, nor did they pay Evan money that was owed. Repeated subsequent promises by the producers to resume production and pay Evan also turned out to be false. Enough is enough. The producers, not Evan, have breached contract."
The producers of a planned sequel to 10 Things I Hate About You are suing newly-single actress Evan Rachel Wood for allegedly quitting the film. According to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles, The Wrestler star was paid a hefty $300,000 (GBP188,000) advance to play the lead in the movie, but she apparently lost interest during a production hiatus after the producers shut the film down in January, 2013.
During the break, Wood became a first-time mum and the film bosses claim their leading lady refused to return to work when they resumed production in November, 2013 - even when the producers offered her more money.
According to TMZ.com, Wood is being sued for no less than $30 million (GBP19 million) plus damages and attorneys fees.
The suit caps a terrible few weeks for the actress - last month (May14) she and husband Jamie Bell separated.
Newly-single Evan Rachel Wood has returned to Twitter.com to slam "lies" suggesting she "hooked up" with fellow actress Michelle Rodriguez following her split from husband Jamie Bell.
The Wrestler beauty logged off her social networking page on Wednesday (28May14), revealing she was stepping away from Twitter "for a while", hours before news of her marriage breakdown was announced. However, the bisexual star decided to break her Twitter silence on Friday (30May14) to dismiss false reports linking her to Fast & Furious actress Rodriguez after they both attended the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center's 2014 An Evening with Women fundraiser, which took place in early May (14).
Wood tweeted, "Looks like someone is already trying to start a rumor that I 'hooked up' with Michelle Rodriguez at 'an evening with women'. "I have never even said 'hello' to Michelle Rodriguez. I think it's convenient someone chose to make up the story now and not that night." Sharing a video clip from the event, she added, "If 'a source' saw us leave together, why am I seen here leaving alone?"
She continued, "This is 'journalism' at its lowest. Complete lies made up to exploit a public separation, as if that isn't hard enough. Disgusting. Also just because you are in a photo with someone doesn't mean you spoke or slept together. Really guys?"
Wood and British actor Bell wed in October, 2012 and welcomed a baby boy last July (13).
Actors Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell have separated after less than two years of marriage. The couple wed in October, 2012 and welcomed a baby boy last July (13), but a representative for the pair has confirmed the romance has taken a hit.
A statement to UsMagazine.com reads: "Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell have decided to separate.
"They both love and respect one another and will of course remain committed to co-parenting their son. This is a mutual decision and the two remain close friends."
Following the news of the split, actress Wood, an avid Twitter.com user, announced she would be taking a break from the social media site, posting, "Twitter break for a while...to be continued."
Her Twitter profile still reads: "Mother, Mrs. Bell, Artist, Tomboy, Indigo child, Rabbit, Virgo, Born under a full moon in Raleigh NC."
Wood met Billy Elliot star Bell in 2004 while they were shooting a music video for Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends.