Marlon Brando's turn as Vito Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola's classic The Godfather has been named the greatest movie character of all time.
Brando, who won an Oscar for his performance as the mafia boss in the 1972
picture, topped a new Premiere magazine list naming the top 100 film characters
In second place is Humphrey Bogart's Fred C. Dobbs from the 1948 movie The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Vivien Leigh's Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind is the highest placed
female character in third place.
Elsewhere, Sean Connery's original James Bond in Dr. No is in fifth place,
while Harrison Ford's legendary archeologist Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark comes in seventh.
The top 10 greatest characters are:
1. Vito Corleone - The Godfather (1972)
2. Fred C. Dobbs - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
3. Scarlett O'Hara - Gone with the Wind (1939)
4. Norman Bates - Psycho (1960)
5. James Bond -Dr. No (1962)
6. Annie Hall - Annie Hall (1977)
7. Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
8. Ellen Ripley - Alien (1979)
9. Jeff Spicoli - Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
10. Gollum - The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001)
Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.