Rockers Live are to release their first album in eight years with new singer Chris Shinn, and they're asking fans to help. Shinn replaced Ed Kowalczyk in 2012, and his first album with the band is scheduled to hit stores and the Internet in October (14).
The release will coincide with the 20th anniversary of the group’s Throwing Copper album, and original members Chad Taylor, Patrick Dahlheimer and Chad Gracey have launched a Pledge Music campaign to help cover costs.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit charity Musicians On Call.
Taylor Swift has reportedly signed on to help mentor the finalists of the upcoming season of U.S. talent show The Voice. The Love Story singer will help coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani with their picks.
A machine gun that sparked a raid on Sam and Aaron Taylor-Johnson's home on Thursday night (28Aug14) will go under the hammer in October (14). Police officers were called to the Fifty Shades of Grey director's London home after a passer-by noticed a machine gun on a desk through the window.
They entered the property and discovered the weapon was a decommissioned M16 assault rifle which had been given to the moviemaker for an art project.
The gun is part of an anti-war art collection called Peace One Day M16 and will go under the hammer at Bonhams auction house in London on 17 October (14) to raise funds for the international charity.
According to Britain's Daily Mail, the couple, who were out during the raid, now face talks with the Metropolitan Police about wasting officers' time and resources.
Queen drummer Roger Taylor has spoken out about his dealings with the executors of Michael Jackson's estate over his plans to release a forgotten King of Pop/Freddie Mercury duet, revealing they have been "difficult" to deal with. Taylor and his bandmate Brian May were hoping to add the song the two late music icons recorded together on the upcoming album Queen Forever, but the estate bosses are refusing to grant permission.
The rocker tells the London Evening Standard, "William Orbit did a really nice mix of one of our tracks with Michael and I'm pretty certain that will be on Queen Forever. But it's been like wading through glue."
Taylor is still hopeful that he and May will be given the OK to include the track, admitting he's still not sure what will make the new album.
He adds, "We've got some great new tracks that haven't been heard and there's an interesting selection of older stuff."
May and Taylor are currently on tour with former American Idol star Adam Lambert.
Today, August 29th, 2014 marks the 21st birthday of Liam Payne. Daddy Direction can legally drink in America! An important thing for us grown-up Directioners. To celebrate the day, we’ve got 21 fun-facts about Liam. Not that boring stuff, like his zodiac sign (Virgo) or his middle name (James, just like his band-mate Niall Horan).
1. He is afraid of spoons. It’s not that weird, it’s kind of cute.
2. Of the band, he’s the only one who comes to work with his hair done. The other band members show up with their hair all over the place, but he won’t leave his house without doing his hair.
3. If he wasn’t a singer, he would make a fabulous journalist:
He might have been drunk, but he actually asked all the questions a fan wanted to know after watching the Brit Awards.
4. His favorite film is the Toy Story trilogy.
5. Liam once told TOTP that he had the best dance moves and he was, “The king of the dance floor!” With his signature 1-2-3 flick. Recognize those moves anywhere?
6. Liam’s dream job, aside from the one he is currently living as a pop-star, is a fire fighter.
7. He once had his underwear stolen (and then later worn) by a fan.
8. If Liam could invent an ice cream flavor, it would be “Krispy Kreme Donut.”
9. He once confessed to owning a pair of pink hair straighteners. We can see the evidence of that here.
10. He has said that Justin Timberlake is one of his biggest inspirations. He also sang “Cry Me A River,” at his 2010 X Factor audition. Good thing too, since look where that got him!
11. Once, he was asked what food he would be, he responded: “I’d be 7 bananas because it’s too much potassium and that’s dangerous.” Gotta love a bad boy.
12. His favorite color is still purple (had to include this because it’s adorable).
13. Liam once had no idea what YOLO and DTF stood for, so he guessed “Yummy Oreos Love Origami” and “Dedicated To Fans.” Better abbreviations, in my honest opinion.
14. Liam wishes he’d written the song “99 Problems,” by Jay Z. We wonder why?
15. All of his band-mates have said he’s got the best abs in the group. We cannot deny this.
16. Liam has a man-crush on Twilight star Taylor Lautner.
17. He has two pet turtles named Boris and Archimedes. He also has an adorable little husky named Loki (with his ex-girlfriend Danielle Peazer).
liam w/ loki is the cutest thing ever #liampayne pic.twitter.com/QM04PgaUru
— Hana (@hana1999hana) August 26, 2014
18. One time Liam was left behind and when the tour bus took off, he started running after it while waving his arms. The rest of the band mistook him for a fan at first.
19. Until he was 19-years-old, Liam suffered from kidney problems (1 scarred and dysfunctional kidney) that kept him from drinking and he had to lead a very careful life. Luckily, he’s all healthy now and can legally drink with his American fans!
20. The one person guaranteed to make him laugh is band-made, Louis Tomlinson! “Even if I’m in a situation where I’m mad at him, the person that can make me smile is Louis. Whatever happens he’ll make me laugh about something.”
21. One of Liam’s tattoos (the feather and lyrics) is dedicated to his Nan.
Happy Birthday Liam! We hope you have an awesome day and get to relax a little, if that's possible to do in the middle of a world tour.
Which is your favorite Liam fact? Tweet us yours along with the hashtag #Happy21stBirthdayLiam!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz
Police were called to the home of moviemaker Sam Taylor-Johnson and her actor husband Aaron on Thursday night (28Aug14) after a passer-by spotted a machine gun in the London property.
Officers attended the scene after receiving a report that an automatic weapon could be seen through a window. However, it emerged the gun, which had been placed on a desk, was a fully decommissioned M16 rifle given to Taylor-Johnson as part of an art project.
Neither the director nor her Nowhere Boy star husband Aaron were at the property when cops called.
A spokeswoman for the couple tells the BBC, "We can confirm that early this morning police were called to the London home of Mr. and Mrs. Taylor-Johnson following a report of a firearm on the premises by a concerned passer-by. "The family were not present in the property at the time but the police gained entry via a key holder. The firearm was located in Sam Taylor-Johnson's basement studio and has been confirmed as a certified and fully decommissioned M16 assault rifle that was provided to Mrs. Taylor-Johnson by the international charity Peace One Day as part of an art project entitled Peace One Day M16."
Pop star Jessie J has been tapped to contribute a song dedicated to the people of Boston for the Finding Neverland musical's upcoming concept album.
The musical adaptation of the 2004 film starring Johnny Depp as Peter Pan playwright J.M. Barrie is currently having a successful run at the American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Prior to its move to Broadway next March (15), the show's producers, including Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein, are planning a concept album featuring some of music's biggest stars. The Price Tag singer is among the artists to be featured on the album, singing a track called Stronger, which Weinstein has dedicated to the people of Boston in light of the Boston Marathon tragedy in 2013, according to the New York Post.
Other singers rumoured to have tracks on the album are Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Hudson, who performed the song Never Neverland at the Tony Awards in June (14).
The Finding Neverland musical, which stars Jeremy Jordan and Laura Michelle Kelly, has broken attendance records for a single production in the theatre's 34-year history, and will run until 28 September (14).
Taylor Swift has rocketed to the top of the U.S. pop charts thanks to the fourth biggest download sales week ever. The singer's new single Shake It Off debuts at number one, ahead of Nicki Minaj's Anaconda, which slithers up the chart from 39 to two.
The track is Swift's second Hot 100 number one following 2012's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, which spent three weeks on top, and her 60th U.S. chart hit.
The new all-girl top three is completed by Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass.
Sam Smith's Stay With Me and MAGIC!'s former number one Rude round out the new top five.
Rapper Wiz Khalifa has scored his first U.S. album number one. Blacc Hollywood debuts atop the Billboard 200 with 90,000 first-week sales.
The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack falls a spot to two, while country singer Chase Rice enters the chart at three with Ignite the Night.
Rice, a contestant on the U.S. reality TV series Survivor: Nicaragua in 2010, co-wrote Florida Georgia Line's hit Cruise.
Other new entries in the top 10 are Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute to Motley Crue at five and former KISS star Ace Frehley's Space Invader at nine.
Meanwhile, on the Digital Songs chart, Taylor Swift's Shake It Off rockets to number one with 544,000 downloads - the biggest sales week of the year and the fourth-largest debut ever.
Only Flo Rida's Right Round, Katy Perry's Roar and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Swift have scored bigger opening weeks.
Glee star Heather Morris is engaged to her boyfriend of two years, according to a new report.
The actress began dating Taylor Hubbell in 2012 and they became parents to baby boy Elijah last September (13). Now sources tell America's Star magazine the couple is preparing to wed in February (15) at a ceremony at the Mountain Mermaid Inn in Topanga, California. A source tells the publication, "They are on cloud nine."
The private pair, both 27, has yet to comment on the news.