Actress Melissa Mccarthy has dismissed recent reports suggesting she has signed on to star in the upcoming all-female reboot of Ghostbusters. The Emmy-winning actress is considered a frontrunner in the highly-anticipated remake of the sci-fi classic, because the film will be directed by Paul Feig, who helmed both her films Bridesmaids and The Heat.
However, during an appearance on comedienne Ellen DeGeneres' U.S. talk show on Monday (20Oct14), McCarthy dodged the TV presenter's questions about joining the Ghostbusters cast, and kept repeating, "I'm not in, I'm not in!"
If McCarthy is considered for a role in the reboot, she has a big advocate in her corner - her St. Vincent co-star Bill Murray, who starred in the original films.
He said, "Melissa (McCarthy) would be a spectacular Ghostbuster. And Kristen Wiig is so funny... I like this girl Linda Cardellini a lot, and Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there."
Gillian Anderson and Lena Dunham have also expressed an interest in appearing in the film.
Have you ever wondered what some of Hollywood's most popular stars looked like before they landed their biggest (or at least, one of their biggest) roles? We were curious. I mean, you're telling us there are just videos out there of people like Rachel McAdams and Miley Cyrus before they were household names? Sign us up, we're ready to watch! And we bet you are too.
1. Jason Momoa reading for Khal Drogo in Game Of Thones:
2. Rachel McAdams reading for Allie in The Notebook:
3. Emma Stone reading for Olive in Easy A:
4. Selena Gomez reading for Alex Russo in Wizards of Waverly Place:
5. Steve Carell reading for Brick in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy:
6. Megan Fox reading for Mikaela in Transformers:
7. Blake Lively reading for Serena in Gossip Girl:
8. Lea Michele reading for Rachel in Glee:
9. Miley Cyrus reading for "Zoey," the original best friend created for Hannah Montana:
10. Scarlett Johansson reading for Judy Shepard in Jumanji:
11. Robert De Niro reading for Sonny Corleone in The Godfather:
12. Demi Lovato reading for Sonny in Sonny With A Chance:
13. Gabourey Sidibe reading for Precious in Precious:
14. Jennifer Garner reading for Elektra in Daredevil:
Who had your favorite audition tape? Tweet us if you think they did or didn't deserve the role!
Follow @hollywood_com | Follow @analuisasrz
Pop star Joss Stone and rocker Jeff Beck have teamed up to record a single for U.K. military charity the Royal British Legion ahead of Remembrance Day next month (Nov14). The pair has covered Scottish folk singer Eric Bogle's 1976 song No Man's Land for the official Poppy Appeal, which raises funds to help former soldiers and war veterans.
The track tells the story of a young man named Willie McBride who died in World War One. Stone says of the song choice, "We started looking into who Willie was at first, but we soon realised that finding him was not actually as important as what he and this song stand for, peace and the sacrifice made by so many."
Remembrance Day takes place on 11 November (14) to commemorate troops lost in battle. The single is due for release on 3 November (14).
Slipknot's mystery new drummer had to pay his respects to late bassist Paul Gray before he was welcomed into the masked rock act. Percussionist Shawn Crahan tells Rolling Stone magazine he took his new bandmate, rumoured to be Jay Weinberg, to Gray's grave in a Des Moines, Iowa cemetery.
He explains, "I made him pay his respects and say hello. I told him what we're gonna do, and we got on a f**king plane and flew to f**king L.A."
The new drummer replaces former Slipknot star Joey Jordison.
Crahan and his bandmates insist they'll never reveal the identity of their new drummer.
Rocker SLASH has revealed Slipknot and Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor almost landed the job of frontman for the former Guns N' Roses star's supergroup Velvet Revolver, but he didn't quite hit the right notes. Taylor auditioned to replace Scott Weiland in the band and Slash admits that although the bandmates thought he'd be a great addition, his voice lacked "certain elements".
In a new Rolling Stone interview, the guitarist says, "Everybody was rallying for him (Taylor), and I love Corey to death, but something about it was just a little bit too... You know how Corey sings? It's a very macho kind of thing. But it didn't have certain elements I thought it needed. So we just didn't go down that path. And that was the closest so far."
Slash also revealed the band considered former Skid Row star Sebastian Bach, who originally auditioned before Weiland was hired, as the ex-Stone Temple Pilots star's replacement: "I love Sebastian, but, if you can imagine, it sounded sort of like 'Skid N' Roses'. It was cool, but you knew that everybody who heard it was gonna be, like, 'Oh, yeah, that makes sense'. It was a little bit too predictable."
Velvet Revolver have been on hiatus ever since Weiland was fired as frontman following a falling out with his bandmates in 2009. He briefly returned to front the band at a charity show, but Slash has made it clear he's looking for a new man.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling will soon be building a replica of Hagrid's hut in her Scottish garden. Planning authorities have approved the construction of the stone summerhouse, which will be circular with a slate roof, much like the home of Potter's half-giant pal Hagrid. The structure will be built on her estate in Perthshire, Scotland.
Rocker John Mellencamp has sparked rumours of a reunion with actress Meg Ryan after they were spotted together in New York on Wednesday (15Oct14). The couple parted ways in August (14) after more than three years together, but it appears the stars are now keen to give their relationship another chance.
Mellencamp, who lives in Indiana, has been open about his feelings for the When Harry Met Sally star in recent weeks and admitted last month (Sep14) he would not rule out rekindling the romance.
He told U.S. shock jock Howard Stern, "Meg is an angel. She was just an angel sent to me at the right time. We tried to have a relationship for three years - long distance. We'll see what happens."
Mellencamp, 63, previously revealed to Rolling Stone that he had no intention of moving to the Big Apple to be closer to Ryan, admitting, "I'm too sensitive to live there (in New York). I can't see poor people. I can't see the suffering. I can't see the trash on the streets. I'm not leaving Indiana. I'm going to die here."
Have you ever been running late to class and then the stairs just decided to change on you? You probably went to Hogwarts then. Only fellow students of the very esteemed Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardy can truly understand your plight.
1. When you're trying to eat dinner and there's a troll in the dungeon:
2. When you're trying to catch the Hogwarts Express and you look like a total frosh:
3. When you're running late for class and then the stairs just change on you:
4. When you're just trying to learn in class and you'r sitting next to a disaster of a student:
5. Or you're the one stuck sitting next to the class know-it-all:
6. When you're forced to serve detention and it's in the Forbidden Forest with Malfoy:
7. When you're just casually browsing the Marauder's Map with your buddy HP and see some weird stuff:
8. When you find a diary at school and think "Awesome!" and it really, really is not:
9. When you're excited to have class with Hagrid then have to deal with Malfoy:
Ugh, Malfoy is the worst.
10. When they announce a school dance and you have to practice your dancing skills with your Head of House:
And she makes you put your hand ON HER WAIST!
11. When you're trying to ask your Headmaster a question and he basically just answers you in riddles:
12. When you're in Slythein and you won the House Cup fair and square but then Harry Potter shows up and suddenly Gryffindor wins:
13. When you're just trying to kiss your BF/GF between classes but, ugh, Umbridge:
14. When you're just trying to have a normal school year but Voldemort shows up after pretending to be your teacher:
Or, really, he was attached to your teacher the whole time.
15. When you're just trying to enjoy the Triwizard Tournament but Voldemort:
16. Seriously though, Voldemort do you do ANYTHING but ruin everyone's school year?
17. When you just want to see your parents after a tough year and Voldemort decides to hug you:
18. When you spend your whole time at Hogwarts thinking Snape is the bad guy but he's really the good guy:
What #HogwartsProblems can you relate to? Tweet us your answers and be sure to include the hashtag!
| Follow @analuisasrz
Rapper Afroman has updated his hit song Because I Got High to support the legalisation of marijuana in the United States. The hip-hop star, real name Joseph Edgar Foreman, released the pro-pot track in 2001, and the song quickly became a breakthrough hit, even earning him a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Solo Performance in 2002.
While the original version described increasingly poor decision-making because of marijuana, the 2014 iteration takes a more light-hearted approach, detailing the various positive outcomes of smoking weed.
The Because I Got High Positive Remix includes lyrics such as, "I had problems with glaucoma/But then I got high/Smelled the cannabis aroma/And I got high/Glaucoma getting better and I know why."
Afroman even mentions the economic effects that legalising pot in such states as Colorado and Washington have had, noting more schools have been built and state funding for drug treatments have resulted from changing the law.
He teamed up with medical marijuana dispensary locator Weedmaps and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) for the remix, hoping to raise awareness for the legalisation initiatives coming up in the November (14) elections in states including Alaska, Oregon and the District of Columbia.
The rapper tells Rolling Stone, "Because I Got High put me on the map - it's what got me a record deal, a Grammy nomination and made me a household name. Getting high - and rapping about it - got me to where I am today and I'll be forever grateful for that.
"With the current political battle with states trying to legalise weed, I thought it was a good time to educate - or set the record straight - about marijuana's benefits, which is why I wanted to remake the song."
"I was standing on... the tall bars and... (the instructor) let go of my ankles and I fell forward and I blocked my fall by (tucking my arms into my chest) and I broke both my arms." Actress Emma Stone gave up on her gymnastics dreams as a child after breaking both her arms while trying to perform a stunt.