Alec Baldwin's accused stalker has been ordered to spend 30 days behind bars for contempt of court after continually interrupting proceedings in her ongoing trial. French Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin is currently facing charges of bombarding the 55-year-old actor with emails and voicemails, and making unwelcome visits to his Big Apple homes after enjoying a meal with him in 2010.
Baldwin denied ever engaging in a romantic relationship with Sabourin during testimony in Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday (12Nov13), and called her alleged pestering "nightmarish" as he broke down on the stand.
His claims prompted a number of outbursts from the 41-year-old suspect, who loudly accused the actor of "lying" on multiple occasions. Judge Robert Mandelbaum ordered her to stay quiet and threatened to hold her in contempt of court for her actions, before she was bundled out of the courtroom by her lawyer, Todd Spodek.
When she returned to court on Wednesday (13Nov13), she was marched off to jail after disobeying Judge Mandelbaum's warnings by interrupting her own attorney.
In another trial twist, movie producer Martin Bregman has also accused Baldwin of lying under oath after the actor told the court he only met Sabourin for dinner as a favour to the veteran filmmaker, who had reportedly been having an affair with the woman.
The former 30 Rock star, who grew emotional during the hearing, claimed 41-year-old Sabourin was the married Scarface producer's longtime mistress - an allegation that stunned Bregman and prompted him to speak out to the New York Daily News.
He says, "He's lying... To sidestep any involvement with (Sabourin), he made up a report."
Branding the move "pretty stupid", he added, "I'm 87 years old and that (reports of an affair with younger woman Sabourin) is very flattering, but that's all it is."
Tuesday's court proceedings also featured testimony from Baldwin's wife Hilaria, who told the court she once tried to reason with Sabourin over the phone in a bid to persuade her to leave the couple alone.
Recalling the conversation, Hilaria, who wed Baldwin last year (12), said, "She starts shrieking at me, 'You b**ch! You b**tch! You b**ch! You b**ch!' Over and over again."
The trial continues.
Veteran movie star Bruce Dern is convinced shooting John Wayne in the back in The Cowboys wrecked his film career because he became known as the man who killed The Duke. The 77 year old was on course to join pals like Jack Nicholson and Robert Redford on Hollywood's A-list but struggled to find work after his character, Long Hair, shot Wayne's Wil Anderson in the 1972 western.
He recalls, "It was 8.30 in the morning when we did the scene, Wayne was incredibly s**tfaced (drunk) on Wild Turkey, a bottle and a half. I could smell it on him, and he leans into me and says, 'Oh, how they're gonna hate you for this'."
Dern, who is the father of actress Laura Dern, reveals Wayne was right and for years strangers would approach him in the street and say, "You killed my buddy!"
Movie fans are starting to come up to him in the street again, but this time they are full of compliments for his latest role in acclaimed new Alexander Payne movie Nebraska, in which he plays a deluded old man who believes he's won $1 million and must travel from his home in Montana to Nebraska to collect the money.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "You walk down the street and people come up and shake your hand. I never had this happen except for when I killed John Wayne and they they just go... 'You f**king b**tard!'"
Dern picked up the Best Actor award at France's Cannes Film Festival for his role in Nebraska and now he is a frontrunner for a top Oscar prize next year (14).
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was left stunned when Robert De Niro made a surprise appearance at a lecture he hosted in India last week (08Nov13). The two actors were among the speakers during the annual THINK festival in Goa, where leading members in several disciplines are invited to give talks about their respective industries, but Bachchan didn't expect to spot the Oscar winner in the crowd at his lecture, listening to his every word.
Taking to Twitter.com after the event, Bachchan wrote, "Just finished my conversation at THINK..exciting and exhilarating .. and in the audience Mr Robert Di Nero (sic)!! (Stumped for words !)".
Kill Bill star Uma Thurman is set to moderate a debate on anger between her Buddhist scholar father and best-selling author Sharon Salzberg. The actress, famed for her violent roles in several Quentin Tarantino movies, will focus on a more Zen way of life when she sits down with her writer dad, Robert Thurman, and his new collaborator Salzberg at a talk in New York next month (Dec13).
Thurman will moderate a discussion surrounding the pair's new book, Love Your Enemies: How to Break the Anger Habit & Be a Whole Lot Happier, to explain how people can overcome their tempers.
The event will take place at 92Y in the Big Apple on 2 December (13).
A representative for George Clooney has accused news outlets of taking the actor's comments about basketball buddy Leonardo DiCaprio in a new Esquire magazine interview out of context. As part of a chat, in which Clooney takes aim at Ashton Kutcher and Russell Crowe, he's quoted as suggesting DiCaprio should be more careful about who he hangs out with, recalling a basketball game between the two stars and their entourages.
He says, "The thing about playing Leo is you have all these guys talking s**t. We get there, and there's this guy, Danny A, I think his name is. Danny A is this club kid from New York. And he comes up to me and says, 'We played once at Chelsea Piers (in Manhattan). I kicked your a**.'"
He adds, "The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what. I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."
But Clooney's rep tells Us Weekly magazine the remarks he made to Esquire have been taken out of context.
The publicist explains, "The Leo comments made by George were all made in fun about basketball. Not about Leo's life... The writer and George were laughing about basketball buddies."
But the rep isn't playing down his client's comments about Crowe after Clooney recalled receiving a poetry book from the Gladiator star as a form of apology for comments he made about the Gravity actor in 2005.
Clooney told Esquire, "(Crowe) picked a fight with me. He started it for no reason at all. He put out this thing saying, 'George Clooney, Harrison Ford, and Robert De Niro are sellouts'...He really went after me. And so I sent him a note going, 'Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What the f**k is wrong with you?'"
The star's aide says, "George was asked about it and told the truth."
Actress Meredith Baxter has obtained a marriage licence to wed her partner. The former Family Ties star and Nancy Locke filed the legal paperwork on Friday (08Nov13) in Beverly Hills, California, according to TMZ.com.
Details surrounding the impending nuptials are scarce, but invitations have reportedly already been sent out.
Baxter, who was previously married to Robert Lewis Bush, David Birney and actor/screenwriter Michael Blodgett, revealed she was a lesbian in 2009, four years after she started dating Locke.
George Clooney has risked reigniting an eight-year-old feud with Russell Crowe after accusing his fellow Oscar winner of starting a war of words for "no reason at all". The Gladiator star hit headlines in 2005 after taking aim at Hollywood heavyweights Clooney, Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford for cashing in on their fame by fronting commercials for a range of products.
He told GQ magazine, "I don't do ads for suits in Spain like George Clooney or cigarettes in Japan like Harrison. It's kind of sacrilegious, a contradiction of the contract with your audience. De Niro advertising American Express - gee whiz."
Clooney took the fiery actor's comments in his stride and replied to the criticism in his own comical way, poking fun at Crowe's musical pursuits with his band 30 Odd Foot of Grunts in a statement which read: "I'm glad he set us straight. Because Harrison, Bob and I were putting a band together called Grunting for 30 Feet, and that would also fall under the heading of 'bad use of celebrity'. Thanks for the heads up."
The tongue-in-cheek response only irked Crowe further, prompting him to lash out again, but this time, Clooney had had enough and decided to clear up the issue by confronting his fellow screen star in private.
Discussing the statement, Clooney tells Esquire magazine, "That's when he really went off on me. 'Who the f**k does this guy think he is? He's a Frank Sinatra wannabe.' He really went after me. And so I sent him a note going, 'Dude... what the f**k is wrong with you?'
"So he sends me a disc of his music and a thing of his poetry. I think he said, 'I was all misquoted,' and I was like, 'Yeah, yeah. Whatever.'"
He continues, "The truth is that (Crowe) did send me a book of poems to apologise for insulting the s**t out of me, which he did. He picked a fight with me. He started it for no reason at all."
Veteran screen star Kate Mulgrew is set to open up about the daughter she gave up for adoption in a new memoir. The Star Trek: Voyager actress, 58, has landed a deal with publishers Little, Brown and Company to release an autobiography in 2015.
In the book, Mulgrew will reveal all about "the costs and rewards of a passionate life", including what drove her to give up the baby she had out of wedlock as she was trying to break into Hollywood. She will also share details about her emotional reunion with her child in 2001.
Mulgrew, who currently stars in Netflix series Orange is the New Black, went on to have two sons with her ex-husband Robert H. Egan.
Alec Baldwin's alleged stalker wanted to conceive a "mini Baldwin" with the actor on St. Patrick's Day last year (12), a court has heard. French Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin stands accused of bombarding the former 30 Rock star with emails and making unwelcome visits to his New York home after they enjoyed dinner together in 2010.
Baldwin insisted his initial meetings with Sabourin were purely business, but she claimed otherwise and is currently on trial on stalking and harassment charges in Manhattan Criminal Court.
Prosecutor Zachary Stendig shared one indecent proposal the 40 year old had reportedly sent to Baldwin with the court on Thursday (07Nov13).
The 2012 email stated, "I will be in prime of my ovulation this St. Patrick's Day and the best gift from you of all would be to conceive a mini Baldwin on this Ireland National Day (sic)."
Upon hearing the private email read aloud in court, Sabourin blurted out, "Oh my God!", prompting Judge Robert Mandelbaum to warn the defendant to keep quiet.
In another of Sabourin's emails to Baldwin, she boasted about her sexual prowess, writing, "Accept my proposal and I'll take you straight to heaven. There is many things (sic) I will do to you now in order to give you all kinds of delightful pleasure. French are the best lovers in the world and I master my art (sic)."
Sabourin's lawyer, Todd Spodek, claims his client only contacted Baldwin seeking closure for their "crumbling" romance after allegedly enjoying intimate relations following their 2010 dinner date.
Baldwin and his wife, new mum Hilaria, are both expected to testify when the trial resumes next week (begs11Nov13).
Robert Rodriguez's cult film From Dusk Till Dawn is to be adapted for a TV show. Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay for the 1996 movie and starred alongside George Clooney as criminals who stumble across a nightclub filled with vampires.
Miami Vice star Don Johnson is set to take the lead in the TV adaptation as Sheriff Earl McGraw, with G.I. Joe: Retaliation actor D.J. Cotrona and Zane Holtz taking the roles played by Clooney and Tarantino respectively.
Rodriguez will serve as executive producer for the 10-episode series and will direct its first two installments.
The director says, "If the movie's the short story, the series is the novel. We have assembled an amazing cast and crew, and viewers can expect to be part of a wild ride when the series premieres on El Rey Network."
The El Rey Network is an English-language cable channel started by Rodriguez and due to launch in December (13).
The programme is due to premiere in the U.S. next spring (14).