"She showed me her baby pictures, and that is one cute baby!" U.S. President Barack Obama gushes about Kerry Washington's newborn daughter, Isabelle, after the Scandal actress shared photos of the tot at a political fundraiser she co-hosted in his honour on Wednesday (23Jul14). The baby is the star's first with her husband, former American footballer Nnamdi Asomugha.
Kelsey Grammer and his wife Kayte are celebrating after becoming parents to a baby boy. The 59-year-old actor's wife gave birth to a son named Kelsey Gabriel Elias Grammer on Tuesday morning (22Jul14) in Los Angeles. He is the couple's second child, joining their two-year-old daughter Faith.
Proud dad Grammer reveals the little boy will be known by his middle name, Gabriel, telling Entertainment Tonight, "Our son will be called Gabriel as there is a tradition in our family of going by our middle names. We are blessed and excited to have this lovely young man join our family - he is magnificent!"
The Frasier star, whose real name is Allen Kelsey Grammer, married Kayte in 2011.
He already has four other children from previous relationships.
Pregnant Chelsea Clinton enjoyed a baby shower with friends at a restaurant in Westchester, New York earlier this month (Jul14). The daughter of former U.S. President Bill Clinton is expecting her first child with husband Marc Mezvinsky.
Actress Romola Garai has married her long-term boyfriend. The Atonement star has tied the knot with actor Sam Hoare, the father of her 16-month-old daughter, and the family is planning to move from Britain to New York City so Garai can appear in an off-Broadway play.
Hoare, who enjoyed a role in Captain America: The First Avenger, appeared to confirm the marriage when talking about the move, telling Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper, "I'm moving to New York because my wife is doing a play off-Broadway. I'm going to be doing a bit of acting, but mostly changing nappies in Brooklyn. We just found an apartment for four months so we'll be back in December (14).
"Our baby girl finished one week of swimming lessons today then took her 1st steps right when she got out of the pool!!!! Mommy & Daddy are so proud of you!!!!" Socialite Kim Kardashian gushes over her one-year-old daughter North West's milestone accomplishment. Kim and husband Kanye West are currently on holiday in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
World War Z star Mireille Enos has given birth to a baby boy. The 38-year-old actress and her actor husband Alan Ruck welcomed Larkin Zouey in Los Angeles on Wednesday morning (23Jul14).
A statement issued by the new parents to People.com reads: "We are awestruck by the arrival of our little boy. The whole thing is a miracle."
Little Larkin is the couple's second child - daughter Vesper Vivienne was born three years ago.
Enos and Ruck wed in 2008.
The Ferris Bueller's Day Off actor, 58, also has two older children from his previous marriage to Claudia Stefany.
Getty Images/Gennadi Avramenko
The cast of The Avengers are many things: talented, good-looking, charming and some of the biggest stars on the planet. It seems like everywhere you look lately there’s always at least one member of the team in the news, on movie screens or on the cover of a magazine at any given moment. The buzz surrounding them hasn’t diminished since Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson wrapped up the Captain America: The Winter Soldier press tour, either. If anything, it’s only gotten stronger as we reach the peak of blockbuster season and head into Oscar territory.
And with good reason: the cast of The Avengers is having a pretty great year. But which one of them is having the best 2014 of them all? Is Johansson’s second blockbuster of the year – this Friday’s Lucy – enough to balance out Mark Ruffalo’s awards buzz? Can Chris Hemsworth come out on top due to good looks alone? We've broken down the Year in Avengers:
7. Robert Downey Jr. What He’s Done: Played a supporting role in Jon Favreau’s sleeper hit Chef; starring opposite Robert Duvall in The Judge, which will be released in October; named the highest-paid movie star in the world for the second year in a row How He’s Doing: Pretty good. Not like, Tony Stark pre-arc-reactor-good, but pretty darn good.
6. Jeremy Renner What He’s Done: A guest stint on the epic two-part episode of Louie (the two-part episode “In The Woods”); receiving awards buzz for his starring role in Kill the Messenger, which hits theaters in October How He’s Doing: You know, sometimes you just have to take some time an build up your critical acclaim.
5. Chris Hemsworth What He’s Done: Helped his wife, Elsa Pataky, raise their twin sons, who were born in March, as well as their 2 year-old daughter How He’s Doing: Have you seen him? He’s doing great.
4. Mark Ruffalo What He’s Done: Earned an Emmy nomination for his performance in A Normal Heart; starred in the charming but not-great Begin Again with Kiera Knightley; starred in the highly-anticipated Foxcatcher, which will finally open in November How He’s Doing: Aw, look at him riding a unicycle on a talk show! Isn’t he charming? No, don’t think about Begin Again, just focus on the charm.
3. Tom Hiddleston What He’s Done: Earned an Olivier Award (the UK equivalent of the Tonys) for playing the title role in Coriolanus; starred opposite the mystical Tilda Swinton in Only Lovers Left Alive; had a cameo in Muppets Most Wanted; starred in a Jaguar commercial that was banned in the UK How He’s Doing: If the Loki fans say he’s doing well, then we do too. (We’ll say whatever they want, honestly, we’re a little scared of them.)
2. Chris Evans What He’s Done: Starred in the post-apocalyptic indie hit Snowpiercer; his directorial debut Before We Go is premiering at TIFF in September; filmed A Many Splintered Thing which is slated for release later this year How He’s Doing: He just spent four months hanging out with Anthony Mackie – he’s having a great year.
1. Scarlett Johansson What She’s Done: Dated Jon Favreau in Chef; kicked serious butt as a super-powered party girl in Lucy; terrified men everywhere in Under the Skin; got engaged to a handsome Frenchman; got pregnant; will reportedly get married in August How She’s Doing: 2014 is pretty much Johansson’s year. The rest of the Avengers are just living in it.
Girls executive producer Judd Apatow's 15-year-old daughter Maude is making her small screen debut in the upcoming fourth season of the acclaimed series. Maude has previously starred in her father's hit films including Knocked Up and This is 40.
Courtesy Everett Collection
Courtney Love is hoping to launch production on a Kurt Cobain biopic in the next 12 months.
The rocker has offered her full support to the filmmakers linked to the project and has come to terms with the fact she won't get to approve who plays her late husband in the movie - but she's happy with the actors lined up for the role.
She says, "The biopic should start within the next year or so (and) I won't name names, because I don't want to jinx it for anyone, but these are 25 year olds who are blond, gorgeous and the new Brad Pitts. There's a ton of those. Some are really good actors, not just pretty faces. I don't want to be the person who makes that decision."
And she admits that she and her daughter Frances Bean Cobain, together with the rocker's former Nirvana bandmates, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, will oversee the project when cameras start rolling.
She adds, "I do have a say in it. So do Frances and Krist and Dave for that matter, if it touches on Nirvana - and it will. I am leading the charge because it's time to do this."
Love put aside almost two decades of bad feeling between her and Nirvana stars Grohl and Novoselic when the band was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in April (14), hugging the stars and paying tribute to them during her speech on behalf of Cobain, who committed suicide in 1994.
Rocker Nikki Sixx is set to become a dad again - his new wife Courtney Bingham is pregnant. The Motley Crue star, who wed the 28-year-old model in March (14), has three kids with his ex-wife Brandi Brandt, and a 13-year-old daughter with Baywatch star Donna D'Errico.
Sixx and his Motley Crue bandmates have just launched dates on what will be the group's final tour.