Oh baby! Did you hear the news? ABC Family's hit comedy Baby Daddy returns tonight with a smile-inducing, side-splitting, hilarious all-new episode — and we’ve got all the details on the Wheeler family shenanigans coming up this summer. Hollywood.com recently caught up with the cast and, after nearly crying from laughter, we’ve gathered the top 5 reasons why you need to tune into Season 2 of Baby Daddy starting tonight.
1. A TWISTED LOVE TRIANGLEOkay you ready for this? Danny likes Riley, but Riley likes Ben, and now Ben is starting to like Riley, but Riley has found a new fella played by the wonderful Matt Dallas. Are you confused yet? Chelsea Kane teases that girls everywhere will fall for Dallas’ character Fitch Douglas. "Matt Dallas comes on and he plays a saint. No really, he’s perfect. He’s saving children, he’s a great dancer, he’s pretty wonderful." Kane complains with a sarcastic smile that having three handsome guys vying for her affection can be draining on set. "It was a really hard season. They’re all just so unattractive and they have no personality and they’re all awful." Yes, that definitely sounds like the worst job ever!
2. THE TRUTH IS REVEALEDLast season, we all screamed at our TV screens when an oblivious Riley never realized that Danny, a handsome, Greek god of a hockey player, was head over heels for her. However, this season, one of the characters — either Riley or Ben — finally learns of Danny’s true feelings. (We’re just not telling you who!) Derek Theler reveals that things are about to get even more complicated in Season 2 after a voicemail from hell. "It’s always evolving, the whole relationship with Riley and Danny," He says. "Ben is in the picture a little bit more now and he's developing feelings for Riley and it's tough. It's tough for Danny because she has the big crush on my brother, and Danny keeps missing that opportunity to get in there."
3. THE NOT-SO MEAN GIRLThere’s a new girl joining the cast this season and we have a pretty good feeling that she enjoys toaster strudels, the word "fetch," and white gold hoop earrings. That's right, the one and only Lacey Chabert is returning to TV and it's looking like Danny is the lucky fella who gets to court the Mean Girls star. "Oh my God, Lacey was our favorite this whole season!" Jean-Luc Bilodeau exclaims. "She was only slotted to do three episodes in the beginning but they ended up hiring her for like six because she was so awesome and everyone loved working with her." Hmm, we wonder if she still wears pink on Wednesdays...
4. TUCKER'S OLD FLAMERemember Vanessa? She was Tucker's ex-girlfriend that we always heard about but never saw. Well, now we're finally going to meet this mystery woman when she comes back into Tucker's life. Tahj Mowry explains, "Vanessa comes back in Season 2 and creates some havoc again. Tucker has a blind eye to women and sees nothing but boobs, so he's totally down for whatever." Mowry adds with a laugh, "Yes, Tucker is still a very deeply emotional and sensitive character." Unfortunately, not everyone is going to be thrilled with Vanessa's abrupt return and this will cause some serious problems between Ben and Tucker. Yikes!
5. A MORE MATURE BENWe all fell in love with Ben last season as he struggled with the challenges of being a brand-new single father, and now we're going to watch him grow even more. "Along with discovering who he is as a father, Ben is growing and maturing. He's also figuring out this whole side of his life, his love life that he hasn't really experienced before with anybody," Bilodeau says. "I think that eventually you're going to see a different side of Ben and I think that'll be more compatible with Riley." Who do you think Riley belongs with? Cast your vote in the comments below!
Don't miss the Season 2 premiere of Baby Daddy Wednesday on 8:30 PM on ABC Family!
Follow Leanne on Twitter @LeanneAguilera | Follow Hollywood.com on Twitter @hollywood_com
More:Matthew Rhys Will Be The New Mr. Darcy In 'Death Comes To Pemberley'‘Who Gets The Last Laugh’ Sneak Peek: Trapped In Parking Lot Purgatory Rob Lowe To Play John F. Kennedy, Or At Least Bill O'Reilly's Version Of John F. Kennedy
From Our Partners:Zoe Saldana Strips Down For Magazine (Celebuzz)33 Child Stars: Where Are They Now? (Celebuzz)
"I'm not very good at handling scary movies....It's the kind of stuff that usually makes my skin crawl." In that case, Katrina Bowden is in some serious trouble. The 22-year-old actress — best known to 30 Rock fans as Cerie, TGS' token hot girl/source of Lutz's unrepentant misery — stars in one of this summer's skin-crawliest movies, Piranha 3DD, the follow-up to 2010's campy horror comedy hit Piranha 3D.
In fact, it's horror-weary Bowden, who chatted with Hollywood.com about her work on Piranha 3DD, that endures one of the movie's most squirm-worthy moments. After her character Shelby takes a dip in her town's mutant piranha-infested waters she and her boyfriend Josh (Jean Luc-Bilodeau) learn the hard way that they didn't exactly escape the unforgiving chomp of the monsters.
While the two...get intimate, a piranha that has made a home gestating in — brace yourselves — Shelby's insides, makes its way out by clamping its razor-sharp teeth on Josh's, well, bait and tackle. Bowden admits, "My only thought when I read [the script] was, 'What am I getting myself in to?'"
But it wasn't simply the great piranha escape that psyched Bowden out for the scene. "For me, [love] scenes in general, are really difficult. [They] are really uncomfortable for everyone until it's over. So this one especially, there were a lot more elements to make it even more uncomfortable," she says. Still, Bowden (pictured with co-star Meagan Tandy) got through the shoot, which included "flesh colored underwear with a prosthetic piranha hanging off it...it looked so gross and realistic" and assures gross-out weary moviegoers, the scene in question is "the right amount of ridiculous."
"The right amount of ridiculous" is what Dimension Films is likely hoping draws in fans of the original Piranha and newcomers alike, especially thanks to the additions of David Hasselhoff and Gary Busey. While Bowden didn't get to work with either of the stars during the North Carolina shoot, she promises their outrageous cameos (Busey plays a fisherman who has an unfortunate run-in with the creatures and Hasselhoff plays himself, acting as a celebrity lifeguard at a waterpark) are entertaining. "I was just excited to see what they did," Bowden tells Hollywood.com, "I have to say, David Hasslehoff is one of the funniest parts of the movie, he did a really good job poking fun at himself. He obviously had a blast doing it."
Just in case piranha births and self-aware Hasslehoff cameos weren't enough to up the over-the-top ante, there's still the 3D element. Bowden, who is appearing in another 3D feature this year (Nurse 3D, alongside Paz de la Huerta,) confirms Piranha 3DD makes the most of the technology in the most absurd ways imaginable. "[There's] a puke scene in it [that] was purely for 3D...... As crazy as the first one was, this one is crazier." Okay, we'll bite.
Piranha 3DD opens in theaters on June 1.
[Photo credit: Dimension Films]
30 Rock Renewed!
30 Rock Star Katrina Bowden Joins American Reunion
Piranha 3DD Nabs 30 Rock's Katrina Bowden