The former Baywatch star has been dating Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts since last year (11) and he recently sparked rumours he would be making a move to the U.K. by viewing homes in English beauty spot the Cotswolds.
It has now emerged Hasselhoff is moving forward with plans to set up home with Roberts in Britain by putting his lavish mansion in Encino, California up for sale.
The five-bedroomed property, which Hasselhoff has owned since 1996, has been put on the market for $3.8 million (£2.4 million).
"I've proposed, like, five or six times in life-threatening situations, figuring if she said yes, I could probably get eaten by a lion or jump off the bridge... I proposed on the Sydney Harbour Bridge and (when we went diving) with great white sharks... I think if she said yes, I would probably jump off the bridge. We're just having a laugh, man." Actor David Hasselhoff on his global bids to wed Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts.
The former Baywatch star, who has been dating Welsh beauty Hayley Roberts since they met on the set of U.K. show Britain's Got Talent last year (11), thrilled youngsters at Pengeulan Primary School in the town of Mountain Ash when he turned up at the facility unannounced.
He encouraged pupils to focus on their studies before posing for pictures with the kids and staff members.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Awesome staff teachers and The Children of the future!! Thank you it was an honor!"
A message on the school's website reads, "The pupils of Pengeulan had a wonderful surprise when David Hasselhoff unexpectantly 'popped in' for a visit when travelling through South Wales.
"He talked with the pupils, answered their questions and encouraged them that it was 'Cool to be in School'. He finished off the visit having photographs with pupils and staff."
The former Baywatch star has been dating Roberts since they met on the set of U.K. star-searching show Britain's Got Talent last year (11).
The Welshwoman moved to California to be with Hasselhoff, but now they are planning to invest in a property in the English countryside.
Hasselhoff tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Hayley's a great girl and things are brilliant. We recently went to the Cotswolds for her birthday and fell in love with the place.
"We looked at a couple of houses there and have found a place in a little village called Broadway, which we've put an offer in for.
"The Cotswolds won't know what has hit them. I'm hoping the locals take to us though and I'm already naming it Hoffway... I love your country and almost feel like an honorary Brit now."
Roberts has previously rejected proposals of marriage from her partner, but has told the star she will accept next time he pops the question.
She says, "If and when he asks again, I'll say yes. I don't think he'll do the traditional thing and get my dad's blessing first but that doesn't bother me. Hardly anyone does that any more.
"We've been together for over 18 months now so I think I'm ready. But even if I do say yes, I don't want to get married for another three or four years. There's no rush."
The actor, who played a lifeguard on popular TV series Baywatch, was snorkelling with Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts in the Riviera Maya when she heard the desperate calls from a man who was suffering from cramps.
The 32-year-old blonde, who has been dating Hasselhoff since last year (11), swam to his rescue and pulled him to shore, leaving her Hollywood star boyfriend impressed.
Roberts tells the BBC, "I was busy chasing a turtle when I heard from far away, 'Help! Help!' I looked up and saw a man in distress. I immediately started to swim towards him out of instinct and shouted to David, who wasn't too far away, 'David, the man needs help!'
"Luckily, as I arrived to him another man was already there. The other man and I pulled him in together to where he could stand.
"I said to David, 'I made a rescue.' He said, 'Good job - you could have been on Baywatch.'"
The veteran actor reached the milestone last week (17Jul12) and he marked the occasion with a big bash at Los Angeles' Greystone Manor.
The birthday boy was accompanied by his Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts - and he was also joined by friends from the past, including actress Gena Lee Nolin and Jeremy Jackson, who played the son of Hasselhoff's character in Baywatch.
In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page prior to the celebration, the actor wrote, "Celebrating the big 60! Cant wait to see all my baywatch and knight rider friends! On my way to Greystone Manor to party Hoff style see ya there !!! Thanks to all for coming!!"
The TV veteran first rose to fame in 1982 as a crime fighter in Knight Rider, later riding the wave of success to become a lead character in long-running beachside drama Baywatch, which premiered in 1989.
After spending more than four decades in the business, Hasselhoff has developed a new fan base with guest turns in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, teen adventure film Eurotrip and Adam Sandler's Click.
In honour of Hasselhoff's big day, WENN has compiled a list of 10 fun facts to commemorate his major milestone.
- Hasselhoff, who is of German descent, has a large following in the country although he doesn't speak the native language. For all German TV shows and movies, his dubbing is completed by actor Andreas von der Meden, who also voices The Muppets' Kermit the Frog.
- He is an outdoor sports enthusiast - the adrenaline-loving star's hobbies include scuba diving, racing cars and white water rafting. He's also parachuted with the U.S. Army Parachute Demonstration Team and flown with The Blue Angels of the U.S. Navy.
- Hasselhoff launched a successful side career as a singer in Europe during the 1980s with breakthrough single Looking for Freedom and he was invited to perform the track on the Berlin Wall on New Year's Eve in 1989 after being named the Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year in Germany.
- He made his Broadway debut as the titular character in Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical in 1995. He has since performed in a number of other stage shows, including Grease, Jesus Christ Superstar and The Rocky Horror Show.
- The actor, who played lifeguard Mitch Buchannon on Baywatch, became a real-life hero after he saved a two-year-old girl from drowning in Malibu, California while at a beach photo shoot in 1995. He also rescued an unconscious car-crash victim in Los Angeles that same year.
- In 2010, Hasselhoff was the the subject of a Comedy Central Roast hosted by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane. Wrestler Hulk Hogan and his Baywatch co-stars Pamela Anderson and Traci Bingham also poked fun at the Hoff.
- He originally held the Guinness Book of World Records title for The Most Watched TV Star in the World but House actor Hugh Laurie stole his crown last year (11).
- Hasselhoff loves reality television - he judged America's Got Talent for four years, beginning in 2006, participated in U.S. programme Dancing With the Stars in 2010, presided over the panel of Britain's Got Talent in 2011 and earlier this year (12) competed in Celebrity Apprentice Australia.
- The actor has two grown daughters with ex-wife Pamela Bach - Taylor Ann, 22, and Hayley, 19, an aspiring actress.
- He graduated from Lyons Township High School in La Grange, Illinois in 1970 and a plaque with his photo now hangs on display in the main corridor. Hasselhoff was a member of his school's speech team, president of the choir, and captain of the volleyball team.
"The sex is beyond belief. Someone asked if I could pick how I could die. It would be in bed with my Welsh woman. She is the best sex of my life - it's ridiculous. I am anti-Viagra. I am the Hoff." David Hasselhoff keeps his relationship with Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts spicy.
The actor/singer hopes to celebrate Ireland's national day following a Six Nations Grand Slam win for their rivals, Wales, in Cardiff.
Hasselhoff and his Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts will be watching the big game against France live via satellite at his home in Los Angeles early on Saturday morning - and he cannot wait for the climax to the tournament.
Wearing matching Welsh rugby shirts, the couple shot a satellite interview with the BBC on Friday (16Mar12), during which Hasselhoff said, "I knew a little bit about rugby (before I met Hayley), because some members of my family played rugby in college and I loved the game, but I didn't know the rules."
The star recalled watching Wales' 9-8 World Cup semi-final defeat at the hands of France last year (Oct11) and feels sure Saturday's game will be "time for their revenge".
And he claims the Welsh side's Six Nations victory over England last month (Feb12) was "the greatest game I've ever seen".
His girlfriend told the BBC that she has been showing her man classic clips of the Welsh team in action on YouTube.com, and insisted he's ready for the big game, adding, "He's a Welshman now!"
The match will kick off at 2.45pm local time in Cardiff.
The former Baywatch star, who has twice proposed to his Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts, fuelled speculation he was three times lucky on Monday (30Jan12) when he posted a picture of himself on bended knee on Australia's Sydney Harbour Bridge on Twitter.com.
But Hasselhoff played down the supposed romantic gesture on Tuesday (31Jan12), telling People.com the pair was just having fun.
He says, "The truth is I'm having a fantastic time with this lovely lady but at this time we have no plans to marry."
The actor has been married twice before to Catherine Hickland and Pamela Bach, the mother of his two grown-up daughters.