The artwork, a KAWS acrylic created on a Calvin Klein advertisement, was swiped by a brazen thief, who strolled into the Manhattan office building last Thursday evening (04Aug11), unhooked the piece from the wall of the second floor hallway, and walked out with it.
Ryan Westbrook, an employee for Ecko's Complex magazine, tells the New York Daily News, "He took it into the bathroom and broke the glass, rolled it up in a tube and left. He must have known the place, or at least cased it out."
And Ecko is desperate for the return of the art. Westbrook adds, "It's like diamonds, the value is tremendous. I hope they get it back, for Mark's sake."
The thief, who had a moustache and wore a cap and sunglasses to mask his face, was caught on an elevator camera, but he has yet to be identified.
Police have launched an investigation into the crime and are appealing for any information about the heist.
The KAWS painting, which measured five feet by four feet (1.52 by 1.22 metres), was part of Ecko's private collection.
The Bodyguard star is set to make his blockbuster return to play Superman's dad in Man of Steel next year (12) and now he has another big film on his slate when he teams up with Leonardo DiCaprio in Tarantino's next project, which also slated for late 2012.
He'll play a "sadistic" slave and prostitute trader on a ranch owned by DiCaprio's evil character, Calvin Candie.
Jamie Foxx will lead the cast as Django, a vengeful slave who seeks to destroy his master and free his wife.
The movie star is slated to play Calvin Candie, an evil Mississippi ranch owner and sex club boss who has kidnapped the leading man's wife.
If he signs up, DiCaprio will join Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds baddie Christoph Waltz in the film. Waltz plays a dentist-turned-bounty hunter in the bizarre film, according to CinemaBlend.com.
The Oscar-nominated actor celebrates his big day on Sunday (05Jun11).
And he's come a long way in his four decades - his career has taken him from modelling to rapping to producing hit TV show Entourage, which was inspired by his own experiences as a film star.
To honour his stellar career, WENN has dug up 10 fascinating facts about the artist formerly known as Marky Mark...
- Wahlberg's upbringing in Boston, Massachusetts was far from ideal - he landed in trouble with the law more than 20 times and had developed a cocaine addiction by the time he was 13. He turned his life around after spending 45 days behind bars for assault when he was 16.
- The star followed his elder brother Donnie into showbiz by joining his boy band New Kids on the Block, before quitting to embark on a rap career as Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
- He became known for his buff body, stripping down to his underwear for Calvin Klein ads and fronting his own workout tapes.
- Wahlberg turned down a role in Brokeback Mountain because he felt uncomfortable with the gay sex scenes. His part eventually went to Jake Gyllenhaal.
- He installed a boxing ring in his house and trained for four years to prepare to play boxer Micky Ward in The Fighter. His hard work paid off - the drama, which he produced, was nominated for six Academy Awards in 2011.
- His favourite food is pasta salad and his favourite drink is water - but he enjoys quaffing fine red wines with a meal.
- He took his wife Rhea Durham to church on their first date. They have been married since 2009 and are parents to two sons and two daughters.
- In 2008, Wahlberg took part in U.K. TV show Top Gear's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car segment - and gunned the vehicle so hard on the studio's racetrack he blew the engine.
- Wahlberg was once a big fan of tattoos and first went under the needle when he was just 11. He has since undergone laser treatments to have some of his body art removed.
- He is a devoted Roman Catholic and starts every day by praying for 10 minutes.
The 25 year old, who has fronted campaigns for Calvin Klein and Givenchy, is living apart from her hairstylist partner Shawn and a discussion between the pair about custody arrangements for their four-year-old son became heated.
Mount dialled 911 and alleged her husband had threatened her. He has claimed she told police he had a knife, but Mount is adamant she never made such an allegation.
She tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "Shawn said something that made me feel threatened. But I didn't tell the police he had a knife. They asked me if there was anything in the apartment that could be used as a weapon, and I responded. 'He has a pocket knife, and there are kitchen knives on a magnet in the kitchen'... I am trying to do the right thing for my son. I hope we can reach a peaceful agreement. I never wanted my son to not have his father in his life."
The actress passed away from respiratory problems in her Santa Maria, California home on Monday (28Feb11).
Born in Bemidji, Minnesota in 1921, Russell started out as a receptionist and model in California. She signed a seven-year contract with movie mogul Howard Hughes after he discovered her working for his dentist.
The silver screen sex symbol became an overnight sensation in the mid-1940s when she starred in controversial movie The Outlaw, and she went on to play Calamity Jane opposite Bob Hope in The Paleface. Her most famous role was perhaps opposite Marilyn Monroe in 1953's Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
She failed to live up to her early promise as a movie star and became best known for her looks and figure. Russell was the number one pin-up girl of U.S. troops stationed overseas during World War Two and beyond, and her curvy figure earned her a 1970s spokesmodel role for Playtex bras. The Jane Russell Peaks in Alaska are named after her trademark breasts.
A vocal advocate of adoption, she also founded the Women's Adoption International Fund. Unable to have children of her own, Russell adopted three kids with her first husband Bob Waterfield. She was married three times. Her third husband, John Calvin Peoples, died in 1999.
Her second husband, Roger Barrett, died just three months after the couple wed in 1968.
A born-again Christian, the actress held weekly Bible study classes at her homes in Montecito and Santa Maria.
Her 1986 autobiography was called My Path and My Detours.
A service will be held to honour Russell at Pacific Christian Church in Santa Maria on 23 March (11).
Fashion designer CALVIN KLEIN threw a massive 21st birthday party for his boyfriend Nick Gruber in New York City on Friday night (21Jan11). The 68 year old stuffed the Manhattan venue with 4,500 balloons, 100 models and a cake with 21 sparklers on top, as well as guests including Anna Wintour, Donna Karan and Daphne Guinness.
The former Beverly Hills, 90210 star had to leave work and head home when police called to alert him to a break-in at his Hollywood home.
He recalls, "I had a girl break into my house and she made it all the way into my bed and she was in a pair of my Calvin Klein underwear... and I came home and found her there.
"The cops were there too... They took her away. She set off the alarm to my house and that's when the cops came, and she refused to leave. So I came home from work and she was there... It was wild."
NICOLE KIDMAN has put her multi-million dollar apartment in New York City up for rent - prospective tenants will be expected to pay out $45,000 (£30,000) a month to live in the actress' luxurious Manhattan home. Neighbours include Kidman's Australia co-star Hugh Jackman and designer Calvin Klein.
"We've talked about having kids but there are a few things we want to do first - travel and careers. Obviously if you're an international supermodel it's harder. You can't do a sexy Calvin Klein jeans advert if you're six months pregnant." DAVID WALLIAMS wants to wait before starting a family with wife LARA STONE.