Angelina Jolie is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, but what makes her so amazing is that she’s constantly shattering people’s expectations. Who would have predicted this former wild child would have six children, be actively involved in humanitarian causes and have two prestigious directing credits under her belt? Angie has continually showed ‘em who’s boss, and we can’t wait to see what she surprises people with next.
1. When she directed Unbroken, this epic based-on-a-true-story film about Olympic track star turned WWII prisoner Louis Zamperini.
Most seasoned directors would have shied away from taking on something so ambitious, but not Angie. She got to know the real Zamperini (above) and turned in a film that’s received a ton of critical praise.
2. When she played the title villain in Maleficent, and played it marvellously.
3. When she played an assassin in Wanted.
Not many people could sell that scene where she curves the bullet.
4. When she worked a high slit at the Oscars.
That leg pose will go down in infamy.
5. Every time she kicked butt in a movie (which was often).
We wouldn’t mess with her – on screen or in real life.
6. When she championed for social issues.
7. When she won an Oscar for her role in Girl, Interrupted.
No one plays crazy quite like Angelina.
8. When she showed everyone what a great mom she is.
9. That time she effortlessly applied lip gloss.
10. When she wrote and directed her first film, In the Land of Blood and Honey.
And it wasn’t some big-budget blockbuster, but a small romantic drama set against the backdrop of the Bosnian War.
11. Every time she showed off her tattoos.
If only we could rock ink like Angie.
12. When she dominated future hubby Brad Pitt in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Who doesn’t love a take-charge woman?
What’s YOUR favorite thing about Angelina Jolie? Tell us on Twitter by following the links below!