Celebrities understand that living in the spotlight means giving a zillion interviews throughout their career. While it’s exciting to promote new projects, share news and big life events with the public, some reporters seriously miss the mark when it comes to getting a famous face to dish out juicy quotes to form a story around. As the celebs below prove, sometimes their reaction to a bad question becomes the story everyone is talking about! Check out these amazing comebacks some of Hollywood’s best and brightest have given to seriously stupid inquiries!
He didn’t cause a scene, but simply got up and left, leaving his publicist to handle the press mess.
Cara holds her own and promptly ends the interview.
When asked how much weight she lost to fit into the Catwoman suit, Anne dramatically gasped and playfully admonished the “forward young man” for his major interview misstep.
Not knowing she has a PhD in neuroscience, Mayim made it awkward real quick when she let the correspondents know she is more than capable of solving calculus problems. LOL.
5. Scarlett Johansson is pretty even keeled, but when asked what kind of underwear she dons underneath her Avengers costume, she couldn’t be less amused.
She promptly fires back, “What is going on? Since when did people start asking in interviews about their underwear?” Nervous laughter ensues and the awkward is undeniable.
A reporter asks Justin why he wants to be in movies, and Mila cuts in and tells the reporter in fluent Russian how stupid her question is.
7. If you insult Matt Damon by telling him the only reason he works hard is to ensure job security, you’re making a big mistake.
Check out the impressive vocabulary and debate he starts with the unfortunate reporter who dared to get on Matt’s bad side.
Taylor has no problem biting back with, “I’m going home to my cats. Guys get me in trouble.”
9. We’ve all pretty much forgotten that Rihanna starred in that flop movie Battleship. However, while doing press for the film, a reporter asked Rihanna if the rumors were true that she was romantically linked with Ashton Kutcher.
Her response was perfect in letting the reporter know how much she didn’t like the question. She simply said, “That’s disappointing.”
10. It’s always important to do your research before interviewing celebs.
When a reporter told Rashida Jones she looked tan, without knowing her ethnic background, Rashida responded quickly with, “I mean, you know, I’m ethnic.”
11. One reporter was so rude to Jesse Eisenberg during a press tour he called her, “The Carrot Top of interviewers”.
Her rudeness is unbelievable and the awkwardness is hilarious.
12. Reality star and business mogul, Lauren Conrad doesn’t play into spicy questions asked by reporters.
When one radio DJ asked what her favorite position was…alluding to action behind closed doors, she came back with a position in business, “CEO.”