Keira Knightley is in love, actually. The 27-year-old Oscar-nominated actress just got engaged to her rocker boyfriend, James Righton. “I can confirm that Keira is engaged to be married to James Righton,” Knightley’s rep tells the UK’s Daily Mail.
Knightley and Righton have been together for 15 months, after being introduced by their mutual friend Alexa Chung last year. Since the couple has kept their courtship low-key and away from the public eye, here are some things you might not have known about Knightley’s husband-to-be:
1. Righton, 28, is the keyboard player and a vocalist for the British indie rock group, The Klaxons.
2. He was a teacher before becoming a rock star.
3. Righton grew up Stratford-upon-Avon in England, which is about a two-hour drive from Knightley’s birthplace of Teddington, London, England.
4. He went to high school with his band mate, Simon Taylor-Davis. The duo met the band’s third founding member, Jamie Reynolds, through Reynolds’ girlfriend.
5. Righton reportedly dated the aforementioned matchmaker Chung before she introduced him to Knightley, according to Top News Today.
6. With his band, the rocker took the stage with Rihanna back in 2008 at the BRIT Awards. (Watch the performance below!)
Shouldn’t British actress and rocker couples like Keira Knightley and James Righton and Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford all just go on tour together at this point?