She’s been a lightning rod for controversy for decades. And now Roseanne Barr will be in the hot seat — the very hot seat at her very own Comedy Central Roast, the network announced today.
“All I can say is good luck finding anything about me to make fun of… I mean, I’ve never made a mistake or offended anyone in my life!” the comedienne/actress/wannabe President joked Monday in a statement.
Oh, it’s gonna get ugly. Need proof? Here are 5 of the worst, meanest, cruelest Comedy Central Roast jokes ever:
1. “Charlie, you claim to have ‘tiger blood,’ but after all the porn stars you’ve [had sex with], it’s probably Tiger Woods’ blood.” — Seth MacFarlane at Charlie Sheen Roast.
2. “I love Larry (King). He recently quit his show. He plans on spending his retirement opening a jar.” — Jeffrey Ross at the Donald Trump roast.
3. “It’s no coincidence George Hamilton loves the sun. They were born in the same year. The difference is the sun is actually a star.” — Lisa Lampanelli at the David Hasselhoff Roast.
4. “I always wanted to know what Andy Dick would look like if he went to the gym.” — Mario Cantone addressing Kathy Griffin at the Joan Rivers Roast
5. “Bob spends more times on his knees after a big audition than Mary-Kate does after a big meal.” — Susie Essman at the Bob Saget Roast.
Comedy Central’s Roast of Roseanne will film in LA on Aug. 4, and will air premiere on Aug. 12 at 10 p.m. ET.