1. He played a musician on Full House and has musical talent in real life.
He learned how to play the drums at the ripe old age of four!
2. The first concert he saw was The Beach Boys.
John is a lifelong fan, and has played with them on tour multiple times. They even made several cameos on Full House.
3. He’s also really into Elvis Presley in real life, just like Uncle Jesse was.
John is the narrator on the Elvis Presley tour at Graceland.
4. He has been a national spokesperson for Project Cuddle for ten years.
According to their website, Project Cuddle is an organization that “helps frightened pregnant girls and women through difficult times.”
5. That famous hair? He cuts it himself!
6. His family’s last name was originally Stamatopoulos.
His paternal grandparents shortened the name to Stamos when they moved to the United States from Greece, like many immigrants did at the time.
7. He still wears his dad’s signature cologne, Aramis, in honor of him since he passed away. Aw!
8. He’s a die-hard Disney fan, and reportedly has a lifetime pass to Disneyland.
He also won an auction for the huge Disneyland park sign that welcomed guests from 1989 to 1999 and it resides in his backyard.
9. Though he loves Disneyland, he’s afraid of thrill rides.
Cast members have reported that he skips out on The Tower of Terror ride — we do, too!
10. He admitted that Lori Loughlin, who played his wife Rebecca on Full House is “the one that got away.”
The timing was never right for these two, but they’ve always had chemistry on- and off-camera.
11. He also is unsure how he got a reputation as a “womanizer” in Hollywood, given that he doesn’t date often and prefers serious, long-term relationships. Aw!
12. Growing up, he worked in a number of restaurants in southern California.
His dad was a restaurateur, so he worked at Duke’s and Yellow Basket. Both spots still exist!
13. Though he’s been on TV most of his adult life, he doesn’t actually watch it much.
14. In the first season of Full House, his character’s full name was credited as Jesse Cochran.
15. During the second season he then changed his character’s last name to Katsopolis to highlight his Greek heritage, according to show creator Jeff Franklin.
16. He was, admittedly, a huge band geek in school.
17. He claimed he’s never seen Mean Girls, in which Regina George was told she was pretty by him on a plane! But he has seen Step Brothers in which the step brothers cop to a man crush on him!
Someone get this man a Netflix subscription.
18. Part of getting that hot body involves doing Pilates several times a week.
He also loves to garden.
19. He’s admittedly a terrible speller.
20. He’s also not as laid back as he seems, calling himself “neurotic.”
We still love you, John!