Movie re-makes in Hollywood can either be amazing or awful. So when word got out that the 1991 action-crime film, Point Break, was getting a 2015 reboot, there were plenty of eye rolls and groans about Tinseltown being desperate for a money-making blockbuster. However, with the official trailer released, it looks like this could be one re-make done right. That’s all thanks to breakout babe, Luke Bracey, taking over the role of undercover cop, Johnny Utah. He’s got everything a Hollywood heartthrob should have. Aside from the obvious good looks and talent, here are 12 things you need to know about this majorly hot star on the rise.
1. Despite his American accent in Point Break, Luke was born and raised in Sydney, Australia.
2. He replaced Joseph Gordon- Levitt for the role of Cobra Commander in 2013’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
3. Luke made a name for himself in the acting world by starring in Australian soap opera Home and Away.
4. His birthday is April 26, 1989, making him 26 and a Taurus.
5. Luke is 6ft tall.
6. His favorite movie as a kid was Forrest Gump and he quoted it as often as he could.
7. The idea of being a sex symbol makes him feel funny.
8. Growing up, Luke thought he was going to be a professional rugby player or end up working construction.
9. For his role in Point Break, Luke didn’t want to do anything like Keanu Reeves for fear of ruining anything for fans of the original film.
10. After Charlie Hunnam pulled out of Fifty Shades of Grey, Luke was a runner up for the role of Christian Grey.
11. He has no formal acting training.