This week brings a special edition of Almost Reel, as Noah Davis looks into his (cracked) crystal ball and makes 20 BOLD PREDICTIONS for the entertainment world in the upcoming year, some of which might actually come true!
Why 20, you ask? Twenty is a nice round number; it just sounds important, authoritative even. And using a round number is a savvy marketing move. Would the 11 commandments command immediate respect? We didn’t think so. Just think of Noah’s predictions as doubly important as the 10 commandments–he does.
Plus, he couldn’t come up with 21. Without further ado, here are Noah’s 20 bold predictions for 2002:
5. Next Hollywood fashion trend: platinum FUBU “Harry Potter” gear
8. Next Hollywood movie to pull a “Bandits” (have at least one major Hollywood star and pull in less than $50 million, despite spending more than that on its national marketing campaign): Collateral Damage
12. Next fantasy saga to be made into an epic Hollywood movie series, all at one time: C.S. Lewis’ Narnia serial
13. Next comic book hero (after Spidey) to hit the big screen: Aquaman
15. Next ER doctor to leave the show: Dr. Susan Lewis/Sherry Stringfield (again).
16. Next Friends character to get pregnant: Joey–no, Phoebe! (again).
17. Next year’s best TV show: The Sopranos (again).
Note: Those TV show previews are sure full of reruns. We hate reruns.
18. Next Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (OK, that was an easy one).
20. Next year’s best war movie: We Were Soldiers.
That’s all, folks. Don’t forget to check this space again next year, when we see how many Noah got right!