Hollywood celebrity couple Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have called it quits, at least temporarily, sources close to Affleck told Reuters after the pair were seen on Friday in the Los Angeles area boarding planes to different U.S. cities.
The “it” couple postponed their weekend wedding plans in Santa Barbara, Calif., saying in a joint statement Wednesday that it was due to the media hype over the event, but sources, who wished to remain anonymous, told Reuters that sometime last week Affleck called close associates telling them that he and Lopez had broken up. On Saturday, Affleck was spotted gambling and sunning himself without Lopez at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, they said.
Meanwhile, Lopez flew to Miami Friday to her home there and had made plans to head to Canada where she is filming a new movie with Richard Gere. It was not certain if the break-up would be permanent, the sources said.
Troubles had been brewing for Lopez, 33, and Affleck, 31, especially after Affleck‘s visit to a strip club last month. The bad publicity they received when their first movie Gigli bombed at the box office didn’t help, either. One source familiar with the couple said that a request by Lopez for a prenuptial agreement may also have chilled wedding plans, Reuters reports.
Representatives for the pair could not immediately be reached for comment, and People magazine reports that the couple’s representatives said they had no knowledge of the breakup.