Charges against A$AP Rocky harasser dropped

wenn_A$APRocky_102218-1800x1200
Wenn

Charges against the man accused of harassing A$AP Rocky before the street brawl that led to the rapper’s recent arrest in Sweden have been dropped.

The unnamed person, who Rocky had reportedly asked to leave him alone before the fight, was being held on suspicion of “abuse, assault and attempted assault”, but the charges have been dropped following an investigation into the incident.

“The preliminary investigation in that matter is now discontinued and the injured party is no longer suspected of any crime,” a spokesman for the Swedish Prosecution Authority said in a press release on Monday (July 22, 2019).

Senior Public Prosecutor Daniel Suneson explained the decision to Page Six, revealing Rocky’s bodyguard asked the accused to stop following the rapper.

“When he refuses to leave, the other person first pushes him away and then takes a grip around the other persons neck and lifts him away a few meters,” Suneson said. “In this situation, the person throws his headphones on the notifier, and tries to hand out battles, which may be considered as right to self-defence.”

The investigation continues into the rap star’s third week behind bars.

Rocky and two associates will be held at the Kronoberg Detention Centre until July 25, 2019, when a decision will be made on an indictment.

Last week (ends July 19, 2019), U.S. leader Donald Trump vowed to intervene in Rocky’s case following discussions with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, but a representative for the Swedish Prosecution Authority tells Page Six, “It is not possible for the U.S. President to have any influence on the Swedish legal procedure.”

by WENN

SIMILAR ARTICLES