Danny Boyle moving forward with third 28 Days Later film

DannyBoyle_UKPremiere_Yesterday_OdeonLuxe_2019
WENN.com

Danny Boyle has started working on a third 28 Days Later film.

The British director, 62, teamed up with author and screenwriter Alex Garland to create the hit 2002 zombie movie, and executive produced the follow-up, 28 Weeks Later, which was set several months into the devastation caused by a zombifying virus.

And in an interview with U.K. online newspaper The Independent, Danny revealed he and Alex are now working on a script for a third film.

It will be unlikely to feature a female protagonist, however, as the filmmaker says he feels uncomfortable imposing his own male perspective on women’s stories.

“You feel a bit… you obviously have a concern, especially now – and it’s a growing concern – where you don’t want to (make a female-led film as a male director), because you’d feel like an impostor,” he mused.

Alex previously revealed that while he’d like to write another 28 Days Later film, the production process was complicated and another sequel was some way off.

“We’ve got an idea. Danny and (producer) Andrew (Macdonald) and I have been having quite serious conversations about it so it is a possibility,” he told U.S. website IGN back in 2015. “It’s complicated.

There’s a whole bunch of reasons why it’s complicated, which are boring so I won’t go into, but there’s a possibility.

“It’s more likely to be 28 Months than 28 Years. 28 Years gives you one more place to go. 28 Decades is probably taking the p**s.”

Danny’s latest movie, the Beatles-inspired romantic comedy Yesterday, is in cinemas on Friday (June 28, 2019).

by WENN

SIMILAR ARTICLES