Meghan Markle confirms her father will not attend royal wedding

Meghan Markle has issued a statement confirming her father Thomas Markle won’t be attending her wedding to British royal Prince Harry on Saturday (19May18).
Thomas told TMZ earlier this week that he wasn’t fit to travel to England for his daughter’s big day because he would be recovering from major heart surgery, and the former Suits actress confirmed the news in a statement issued by Kensington Palace on Thursday (17May18).
“Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health,” the statement read. “I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day on Saturday.”
However, Meghan seemed in good spirits as she was driven into Windsor Castle with Harry for their wedding rehearsal hours later. Harry’s brother and best man Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge were also seen heading to Windsor.
Thomas, 73, had suffered a heart attack on 8 May (18) and returned to hospital this week after experiencing chest pains, and he underwent an operation on Wednesday. He told TMZ that the doctors “will go in and clear a blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed.”
Thomas was “alert and coherent” after undergoing the procedure, telling TMZ he believed doctors had implanted three stents in his blood vessels.
It is not known who will now walk Meghan down the aisle, although the favourite is her mother Doria Ragland, who was pictured arriving at London’s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday and being escorted to Kensington Palace. She reportedly met Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday.
Doria will accompany the bride in the car ride from Cliveden House Hotel, where mother and daughter will stay on the eve of the nuptials, to the ceremony at St. George’s Chapel inside the castle.

by WENN

SIMILAR ARTICLES