The Desperate Housewives star has become desperate in real life after learning she has a frozen shoulder.
She says, “I haven’t been sleeping well, or at all… because I have something called frozen shoulder. It is a real thing… It feels like one of those things that you see on an infomercial and you go, ‘That’s not real.’
“It really is extremely painful, actually… It (shoulder) doesn’t move.
“You can’t really solve it. Apparently, this is a condition that lasts for a year or two years and then miraculously goes away.
“The doctor said to me, ‘There’s, like, 40 per cent of people with certain diseases that get it… and then the other 60 per cent are just idiosyncratic…’ Apparently, there’s inflammation inside the rotator cuff, you really have trouble moving your arm.”
And the actress is learning not to act on impulse when she’s exhausted from lack of sleep after hacking off her hair.
Hatcher tells TV chat show host Jimmy Kimmel, “I’m looking in the mirror and I think, ‘Bangs, that’ll be a good idea!’
“I took a pair of scissors and just hacked it (hair) off… There’s a point where you go, ‘Wow, there’s really no going back at this point… I was in denial for about a day and then I called my hairdresser… and was like, ‘Please help me!'”