Woodstock 50 boss: ‘We’ve tried everything we can’

Organisers of the Woodstock anniversary festival appear resigned to the fact the show might not go on, following a series of permit and financial issues.
With just over a month to go before the big event, still billed to feature JAY-Z, Imagine Dragons and Dead & Company, Woodstock 50 bosses seem to be a little defeated after failing to secure a permit to stage the musical gathering at Vernon Downs in upstate New York.
Speaking ahead of a meeting with the town planning committee in New York, Michael Lang, the co-creator of the original Woodstock festival in 1969 told the Poughkeepsie Journal he’s still optimistic this year’s event will go ahead, but he’s resigned to accept failure.
“If it doesn’t work this year, it doesn’t work this year,” he says. “We’ve tried everything we can. We’ve done our best. We’ll continue to do our best until we find out one way or the other whether it’s going to happen.”
Problems began when Woodstock 50’s leading financiers at the Dentsu Aegis Network pulled out of the event earlier this year (Apr19), and bosses at the Watkins Glen International raceway, where the event was to be staged, backed out in May.
At press time, Woodstock 50 is still due to take place from August 16 to 18, also featuring acts like The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, Chance the Rapper, and Halsey.

by WENN

SIMILAR ARTICLES