When the cult classic Spice World came into our lives back in 1997, it made plenty of waves but not always for the reasons we thought it should: girl power and the Spice Girls. It was universally panned by critics, but that sure didn’t stop it from becoming a force to be reckoned with and teaching us some important life lessons. They may not be conventional life lessons, but they’re still worth remembering!
1. Never be afraid to tell anyone what you want, what you really, really want, even during the worst of times.
2. There’s no such thing as a dress that’s too short because no one can judge that FOR you. DUH.
3. Staying fashionable is the most important thing in every situation.
4. Your best friends will get you through the tough times. Believe in them.
5. Always choose the little Gucci dress.
6. Glam it up whenever you can.
7. Sometimes people are going to judge you based solely on what you look like. And that’s totally fine.
8. Don’t be afraid to rock ridiculous colors and prints. It’s your style. Own it.
9. Sometimes you need cheesy special effects to come in and save the day.
10. “Hold onto your knickers” is an acceptable exclamation in a crisis.
11. All you need to tighten your dance moves is an awesome instructor.
12. Take every single chance possible to vamp.
13. Always appreciate what you have, even if things get rough.
14. Most importantly, when you’re feeling a little down, you need to remember…
15. Girl power will save us all.