It’s almost Morphin’ Time! With the reboot of the Power Rangers coming out soon, and Bryan Cranston confirmed as the voice of Zordon, what better way to celebrate than by re-watching the original series? To gear up for your binge and the upcoming film, here are a 15 things you didn’t know about The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!
Although they were already gymnasts, they took self defense classes and incorporated their talents into the choreography for the fight scenes. Austin St. John(The Red Ranger), Walter Jones (The Black Ranger), Thuy Trang (The Yellow Ranger) and Jason David Frank (The Green/White Ranger) were all martial artists long before the show began.
6. Walter Jones (The Black Ranger) is missing the middle finger on his left hand.
He’s been missing it since he was four years old.
7. Although they were portraying high school students, Austin St. John (The Red Ranger) was the only one of high school age at 18 years old.
8. Tommy (The Green/White Ranger) was never meant to stay on the series for as long as he did.
Within his temporary time on the show, his popularity was higher than any other Ranger. Saban received large amounts of letters requesting Tommy to be brought back into the series and eventually the company gave in. He has appeared in a total of 217 episodes in the entire Power Rangers series.
9. Billy Cranston (The Blue Ranger) is the only one to hold the same position for the longest time without ever changing colors.
He held the same position for 3 years from 1993 to 1996.
10. Kimberly Ann Hart (The Pink Ranger) is the longest-serving female Power Ranger and Pink Ranger of all time.
She appeared in 137 episodes of the TV series until her departure.
11. Richard Wood (Alpha 5) is the only actor to appear in all 155 episodes of the series.
12.. David Yost (The Blue Ranger) would often get teased because of his homosexuality by the crew members and eventually left.
SMH! We’re glad the world is moving forward in some ways.
13. Lord Zedd is the first Power Rangers villain to be American made instead of appearing originally in the Super Sentai Series
14. Ernie was originally going to be Zordon in disguise, watching over the Rangers from the Juice Bar.