A moment of silence essentially describes the collective reaction of the Internet when Entertainment Weekly released the first-ever photo of Emma from the famous dancing scene in which Beast and Belle fall in love. All across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more, jaws were dropping over the new portrait, making many of us wonder if yellow is the new wedding dress trend to look out for? After all, who doesn’t want to resemble a Disney princess on her special day?
In a recent interview, Watson delved deep behind the scenes to describe what it was like collaborating with the movie’s costume designer, Jacqueline Durran. “I really embraced working on the dress, making sure that it was utterly whimsical, and magical,” she said. “You are transported to another world. The dress, and the dancing, and the candlelight, and the music — it was really fun to work on every aspect of that. Jacqueline Durran is just such a wonderful person and costume designer. I think she did such a amazing job.”
As usual, well said, Emma, well said.
Here are 8 reactions we ALL had to seeing Emma’s Beauty and the Beast dress for the first time.
1. When you saw it by yourself and immediately soared into “CAN’T EVEN” territory.
2. And of course, who can forget the squad’s collective reaction to your screenshot and timely delivery in the group text?
3. That super life-changing moment when you realize Emma’s wearing the dress of your dreams.
4. The perfect dress DOES exist. All that needed to happen was a Watson/Durran collab.
5. And now you have to break it to your parents that you won’t be wearing white on your wedding day because:
6. But you don’t even care because just think about how cute you and your besties will look in matching ones.
7. After all, you haven’t felt this alive in ages. It’s like the dress has revitalized you; the dress is the fountain of youth.
8. And you just KNOW somewhere in the world right now, Emma Watson is sitting there like this:
What was your reaction to Emma’s yellow dress? Tell us in the comments!