Carrie Fisher and her reps sure do like to confuse Star Wars fans. In March, the actress — who starred as Princess Leia in Star Wars, Star Wars: Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Episode VI — Return 0f the Jedi — said that she would be showing up in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. But then her reps recanted the statement saying that Fisher had been joking. Well, in another confusing twist of events, Fisher is again talking about appearing in the new Star Wars film, which will be produced by Disney.
“I like being bought by Disney, because they never wanted to buy me before,” Fisher reportedly said during a talk at Canada’s Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo Saturday, according to the Calgary Herald. “I’m glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape. So I’m really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything.”
Fisher isn’t the only Star Wars alum who might be returning for Episode 7. Harrison Ford has hinted that he will be returning as Han Solo. Mark Hamill has also suggested that he appearing again as Luke Skywalker.
Definitely confirmed, though, J.J. Abrams will be directing Star Wars: Episode VII. It is scheduled to be released sometime in 2015.
Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat.