If you thought J.J. Abrams was secretive about his projects before, working on the new Star Wars movie has turned him into a veritable Fort Knox. Slowly, very slowly, tiny bits of information about Star Wars: The Force Awakens are being revealed. But fans want more! To tide you over until the next big reveal, here’s a rundown of what we know so far:
1. J.J. Abrams is directing, and co-wrote the script.
2. Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are all returning.
3. Chewbacca, R2D2 and C3PO are back too.
4. The film takes place 30 years after the Battle of Endor and the events portrayed in Return of the Jedi.
5. It stars two newcomers: John Boyega plays a character named Finn, and Daisy Ridley plays Rey.
6. Oscar Isaac plays a character named Poe Dameron, an X-wing pilot.
7. There’s a new droid called BB-8.
8. Oscar-winning Lupita Nyong’o plays a mystery character.
9. Adam Driver may or may not be playing a villain. Many have speculated he’ll be playing the character Kylo Ren, who wields this badass-looking lightsaber.
10. The remnants of the Empire are now calling themselves The First Order – and they have some scary new troops.
11. At least part of the movie takes place on the planet Jakku.
12. It already looks better than Star Wars Episodes I through III. (Sorry, Hayden Christensen.)
Will you be seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens? What are you most excited for? Tell us on Twitter!