It’s that time again, guys: 420. (Although I can understand if it’s hard to remember these things if you partake in the festivities on a more regular basis.) Anyway, in honor of this most righteous occasion, we thought we’d put together a list of a few movie props that would make the most awesome “devices” for a little green therapy. Okay, some of them probably wouldn’t work, one is technically a cartoon and one is just ridiculously creepy, but, dude, if you could make these things work, you have to admit it would be sweet.
1. The Golden Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark
I mean look how much weed he had to give up to get that idol. It’s only right that we honor it this way.
2. The Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story
“It’s a major award!” Right, right…but wait. It’s just like, a lamp, right?
3. The Garden Gnome from Amelie
If there are two things that go with gnomes, they’re pipes and grass.
4. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Thou shalt count only to two when using the Holy Hand Grenade. You may place it in your hands and puff once. You may puff a second time. A third puff thou shalt not take. Four is right out.
5. The Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz
“We’re off to see the wi…wait. Where are we going?”
6. Chocolate Plumbing in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Giant. Gravity. Bong.
7. R2D2 from Star Wars (in case you’re that out of it)
Just think of him as a giant, friendly beer can.
8. Hamburger Phone from Juno
It may be the only “device” that will give you munchies before you get around to using it.
9. Fat Bastard’s Bagpipes from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
If he can use them to gas people, we can use them to get high.
10. The Giant Panda from Adventureland
“You been drinking drugs?” Smoking out of stuffed animals always seems like a good idea. Wait, or does it always sound like a bad idea? We can’t remember.
11. The Goblet of Fire from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
It’s a giant bowl full of ever-burning blue fire. Do you really need more motivation?
12. Rodney Dangerfield’s Golf Bag from Caddy Shack
Well shit. Now we’re just thinking about what Dangerfield would have looked like stoned.
13. Mini Stone Henge from This is Spinal Tap
Yeah, mini stoned henge. (We’ll be reprimanded later, but we couldn’t help it.)
14. The TARDIS from Doctor Who
Four words – maybe three? – Hotbox that s**t.
15. Igor’s hump from Young Frankenstein
Yeah, dude. Why the hell isn’t it Froaderick Fronkensteen?
16. A Dragon egg from Game of Thrones
Don’t worry. It’s just a prop. There’s no dragon inside.
17. Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story
“To infinity and beyond?” Come on. This dude is begging for us to smoke out of his shiny little helmet.
18. Maverick’s flight helmet from Top Gun
More like highway to the ganja zone.
19. Jesus’ bowling ball from The Big Lebowski
Yes, you have to lick it.
20. The briefcase from Pulp Fiction
But only if you promise to use it for some seriously gourmet s**t.
21. Wilson from Castaway
At least people would be more understanding about the fact that you’re talking to a freaking volleyball. Then again, it would be way easier to lose him again.
22. The snow globe from Citizen Kane
23. Proton Pack from Ghostbusters
After that, crossing beams will sound like the best idea EVER.
24. Ash’s severed android head from Alien
This is probably a terrible idea because holy s**t, that severed head is talking, but then again, holy s**t that severed head is talking. Enjoy the nightmares. Happy holidays.