While everyone is ranting and raving about the Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Actress nominations for the 85th Annual Academy Awards, there’s one category that also deserves its own onslaught of recognition: Best Achievement in Costume Design. These are the people who toil for months and months trying to come up with the perfect looks for their characters — and 2013’s nominees are some of the best of the best. From Eiko Ishioka‘s Mirror Mirror gowns to Paco Delgado’s June Rebellion garb for Les Miserables, here’s a look at the creations from the costumes designers nominated for Oscars in 2013!
Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat.
[Photo Credit: Focus Features]
Oscars 2013 Special Coverage
• We Predict the Winners: Do You Agree?
• 15 Oscar-Winning Nude Scenes
• The Worst Best Picture Winner Ever
• Oscar’s Problem With Pretty Boys
• Why Stars Should Fear Seth MacFarlane
• 10 TV Stars You Never Knew Won Oscars
• The Winner, According to You