In 2006 a TV-movie took the world by storm and things haven’t been the same since. When High School Musical was released, you might have been a little old to still be watching the Disney Channel, but that doesn’t mean you didn’t watch it. Then they made two more of these movies and it’s possible you never got over your HSM-fever.
1. You’re still holding out hope for High School Musical 4.
They can still totally do a fourth movie. We’ll just ignore Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure.
2. You vehemently argue that Zac Efron never looked better than he did in High School Musical 3: Senior Year.
Sure he’s been shirtless and pantless in other movies, but this was his prime.
3. Anytime you hear someone say “We’re all in this together”, you can’t help yourself from breaking out into song.
4. And if anyone says “What team?” you will always shout “WILDCATS!” back at them.
5. You know all the dance sequences.
But your friends and family don’t know that. Okay, your mom does. Because she walked in on you that one time.
6. You have written a list, by hand, ranking each song from all 3 films.
7. “Bet On It” comes in really high on that list, even if the choreography in that sequence is questionable.
8. You will fight (verbally, no fist fights here) anyone who tells you that High School Musical 2 was a terrible movie.
Maybe it’s not everyone’s favorite in the series, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t good.
9. You still text your friends HSM related jokes:
10. You have always defended Sharpay, no matter how much of a bitch she is.
She may not be the nicest girl ever, but she’s our girl.
11. You’ve spent years wishing you had what Troy and Gabriella had:
12. But you were pretty happy when these two broke up IRL.
Sorry Vanessa, but Zac is ours.
13. You’ve analyzed Troy and Chad’s friendship quite a few times.
“They’ve got bromance down pat. And yet, is Chad the right kind of best friend for Troy? Is he supportive enough?” – Questions you’ve asked yourself at 2 A.M., while contemplating life.
14. Your response when people tell you to stop singing HSM songs:
15. You still watch the original every time it comes on TV, even if you don’t want to.
You didn’t want to stay up until 4 in the morning, but things happen.
16. There is only one way you know how to focus when you’re distracted.
RELATED: The Best Disney Channel Original Movies (Find out how high HSM ranks on this list!)