Everyone has their all-time favorite Disney film. Whether it’s The Lion King for the more vintage Disney lovers, or Frozen for the 21st century fans, Disney has made films that are timeless and can be watched for generations. However, sometimes the studio puts out a gem of a film and it doesn’t quite get the recognition that it truly deserves. 2000’s The Emperor’s New Groove is one of those films.
1. Emperor Kuzco is no Prince
Kuzco is all kinds of sassy, and we’re here for it. Prince Charming is so last century anyway.
2. He also can’t be bothered.
Kuzco was unbothered before it was even a thing! You can’t get more revolutionary than that.
3. Yzma Is THE GREATEST DISNEY VILLAIN OF ALL TIME!
And she’s voiced by the legendary Eartha Kitt!
4. Literally her evil plan should be patented because it’s so iconic.
It’s just so conniving!
5. Plus she won’t stand for ageism.
Her self-confidence level is on fleek.
6. Yzma’s minion. Kronk, is basically Andy from Parks and Rec.
“He’s fine, but he’s simple.”
7. Kuzco is turned into a llama, and it still takes him forever to learn about humility and caring for others.
You have to be pretty bold to be an arrogant llama.
8. Pacha is the best sidekick ever, even though Kuzco doesn’t deserve it.
Seriously, Kuzco was going to destroy Pancha’s home to build his new swimming pool Kuzcotopia, and Pacha was still nice to him.
9. This entire scene:
This is the stuff of childhood dreams.
10. When Yuzma told Kronk to pull the lever.
It should be known that Kronk isn’t known for being great at small talks.
11. So of course he pulled the wrong one.
He had one job!
12. When Kuzco felt all of the feels.
But it was still hard to feel sorry for him.
13. And of course when Yzma was turned into a cat.
But, she was still as badass as ever.