J.K. Rowling recently announced that an American Hogwarts will be mentioned in the spin off film, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Of course as Americans we’re excited, but we already know how things will be different. Curious as to how? Here are 11 things.
1. Teachers would just be referred to as their last names instead and we would drop the “professor” title.
2. The popular sport would be a completely different game, but they would still call it Quidditch. They would argue with everyone that their Quidditch is the “real Quidditch.”
3. Oh and there would be cheerleaders…
4. There would be a lot more dances and of course prom.
5. Most of the teachers would be driven up the wall trying to crack down on students sneaking butterbeer to their dorms.
6. There would be a huge debate whether there is a right to bear wands in school and really all over the country.
7. The food would be more like chicken nuggets, fries, and burgers.
8. If all the things that went down in Harry Potter happened in the U.S., everyone would be sued for endangering children.
9. Percy would be out of a job because there wouldn’t be any prefects.
10. America would have houses named after presidents fitting their qualities.
11. Letters would be carried by pigeons rather than owls since we have plenty of them.