The new installment of the Star Wars saga is here, and most people agree it’s great. One reason is that it was able to capture the magic of the original trilogy with callbacks that aren’t cheesy. Were you able to catch all of them? Here are ten times The Force Awakens probably gave you deja vu. WARNING SPOILERS!
1. Han and Leia hug almost exactly the same way as in the previous movies.
2. Finn gets his own pilot friend just like Luke had Biggs Darklighter.
3. Of course we had to get a scene with Rebel fighter pilots and their updated helmets.
4. Finn gets to control the blasters of the millennium falcon like Han.
5. Kylo Ren chokes out an incompetent soldier like Vader.
6. The pivotal scene basically mirrors Luke and Darth Vader’s last fight.
7. Once again we see another Deathstar destroyed…oh I mean Starkiller.
8. Kylo Ren offers Rey to teach her and turn to the dark side like the Sith offered Luke.
9. Han calls the millennium falcon “baby” after all these years.
10. We might not have gotten much R2-D2 but BB-8 was a good substitute!