General News

Sir Sean Connery refused to follow up 'phone-hacking' allegations

By:
May 31, 2012 | 5:00am EDT

The acting legend's name is said to have appeared in the records of Glenn Mulcaire, a private investigator who worked for Rupert Murdoch's now-defunct British tabloid News of the World, and the star was allegedly told his voicemail messages had been illegally accessed.

However, Connery refused to get involved and didn't return the call from cops, according to his spokesman.

The Scottish actor's representative tells Britain's Daily Telegraph, "An attempt to contact Sir Sean was made by an individual connected with the investigation into phone hacking. No specifics were supplied and Sir Sean didn't not return the call as he truly didn't wish to be involved. He is enjoying his retirement."

Connery's close friend and biographer Murray Grigor tells The Guardian, "Apparently there were 10 instances. The police were quite excited about it but he doesn't want to know. He doesn't want anything to do with it. He's just having a good time and he just shrugged it off."

More General News
 
comments powered by Disqus