General News

E.T. to phone home again

By:
Jul 03, 2001 | 12:18pm EDT

Steven Spielberg is planning to release a 20th anniversary "director's cut" of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrialnext year that will contain nearly 10 minutes of additional footage, according to producer Kathleen Kennedy. In an interview with the Calgary Sun, Kennedy described the footage as "bits and pieces ... little moments [that had been] cut from various scenes" in the original. She also said that now "E.T. says 'Phone Home' much better." Kennedy insisted that Spielberg's intention was not to push E.T.back to the top of the all-time box office list again. ( With a box-office take of $400 million, it currently ranks behind Titanic, the original Star Wars and The Phantom Menace.) "It's not about money. It's about introducing E.T. to a fourth generation of kids in a movie theatre where they should see it for maximum effect," she said.

More General News
 
comments powered by Disqus