General News

Valerie Harper booted off Dancing With the Stars

By:
Oct 08, 2013 | 11:32am EDT

Cancer-stricken actress Valerie Harper has been voted off U.S. reality show Dancing With The Stars. The former The Mary Tyler Moore Show star performed the Viennese waltz with her professional partner Tristan MacManus on Monday night (07Oct13), but she missed a few of the dance steps and scored a lowly 18 points out of a possible 30. She becomes the third celebrity to exit the competition. After the result was announced on Monday's live show, she said, "It has been absolutely wonderful, completely unique, like nothing else in the world." Harper, who was convinced to sign up to Dancing With the Stars by her husband Tony Cacciotti, has since confessed that she didn't expect to last until the third week of the programme. During an exit interview on U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Tuesday (08Oct13), she said, "I was so happy I didn't fall opening night and break something!" And the 74 year old, who was told she only had three to six months to live after she was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer earlier this year (13), is adamant she has no regrets about hitting the dancefloor. She added, "I am not in pain... Now when you have cancer and they say you have three months (to live) in January, and it's October, you gotta feel good about that and the drugs I'm taking... are working right now, so we'll see what goes, and everyone should live like that, one day at a time."

More General News
 
comments powered by Disqus