General News

Melanie Brown's bust-up with Australian TV bosses escalates

By:
Nov 01, 2013 | 5:14am EDT

Former Spice Girls star Melanie Brown has been banned from guest-hosting an Australian TV show due to her ongoing feud with network chiefs. Earlier this year (13) the Brit found herself at the centre of a legal dispute Down Under after giving up her job as a judge on The X Factor, which is aired on the country's Seven network, so she could sit on the panel of Australia's Got Talent, carried by rival Channel Nine. Bosses at Seven blocked the move, proving in court that Brown remained under contract with them, and now they have fired off a 'cease and desist' letter preventing her from appearing on nightly panel show The Project. Executive producer Craig Campbell tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "Her management said it was all good to go. Then there was a bit of a 'cease and desist' from Channel Seven that was enforced yesterday afternoon and we had to pull all our promos. "For us, it's business. We don't want to upset anyone - it's not in our world to do that - so when Seven told us about this, we went, 'You've actually got a fair point there.' It's all good." A representative for Seven says, "It's a court ruling." American male model Tyson Beckford will replace Brown. The singer's fellow former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell eventually landed the Australia's Got Talent job, while Brown returned to the U.S. to sit on the American version.

More General News