Rapper M.I.A. feared she had been poisoned at a festival in Mexico when a reveller opened a huge bag of mysterious white powder and blew it in her face. The Paper Planes hitmaker was playing a slot at the Corona Capital event in Mexico City last month (Oct13) when she walked among the audience to get up close and personal with her fans. However, M.I.A. was left fearing for her safety when a man burst open a bag containing a mysterious substance which she was convinced was not cocaine, and she worried she had been poisoned when she contracted a chest infection days later. The outspoken star tells The Sunday Times Style magazine, "I played a gig there a couple of weeks ago, and when I went into the crowd, as I always do, this guy had a big bag of white powder that he just split open. I breathed it in, it got all over me. It wasn't cocaine, 'cos I wasn't high. I have no idea what it was."