General News

Ace Frehley thanks firefighters after home blaze

By:
Dec 16, 2013 | 9:54am EST

Kiss star Ace Frehley has thanked firefighters for helping to tackle a blaze at his New York home which was sparked by a tree falling on power lines. The rocker's property in Yorktown Heights caught fire on Saturday night (14Dec13) and emergency services raced to the scene to extinguish the flames. Frehley, who was not present at the time of the incident, has now reached out to the emergency workers involved, thanking them for their help and revealing a fallen tree was to blame for the fire. In a statement posted on his Facebook.com page, he writes, "The official statement from the fire inspector was as follows: 'An electrical fire was caused by a tree falling on the wires in the backyard and shorting out the fuse box which in turn heated up the internal wiring in the walls and started the fire.' "I'm very thankful that no one was hurt! The fire department and police did a great job, and I'm very grateful to them for all of their help and courage in this matter... job well done!"

More General News