General News

Rolf Harris denies sex assaults

By:
May 27, 2014 | 10:03am EDT

Australian entertainer Rolf Harris has denied allegations he sexually abused four young females, telling a court the incidents never happened. The singer/artist, 84, is accused of indecently assaulting four girls between 1968 and 1986, when they were aged between seven and 19. Harris took the stand at Southwark Crown Court in south London on Tuesday (27May14) to give evidence, and he told the jury none of the alleged assaults ever took place. Earlier in the day, Harris gave a brief performance of his 1960s song Jake the Peg, accompanied by his trademark 'wobble board', as he told the jury about his life and career. Harris denies 12 counts of indecent assault. The trial continues.

More General News