General News

Tulisa Contostavlos' alleged assault victim denies misleading police

By:
Jul 02, 2014 | 1:49pm EDT

A celebrity blogger has been accused of lying to police about an assault allegedly involving British pop star Tulisa Contostavlos at a U.K. music festival last year (13). The N-Dubz singer is currently on trial at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court in Essex, England amid reports she attacked writer Vas Morgan at the V Festival in August, 2013. Morgan claims Contostavlos punched him in the face, leaving him with a swollen, puffy left eye. He told authorities his injuries had been documented in a photo by snapper Royston Gooden Legore, but, as the trial resumed on Wednesday (02Jul14) following a six-week break, the jury heard that the picture doesn't exist. Questioning Morgan, defence lawyer Jeremy Dein QC asked, "You have misled police throughout regarding the existence of a photo showing injuries to you, haven't you? That is why Mr. Legore has not come forward, because there never was a photograph." Morgan denied the allegations and insisted Legore had deleted the image after fearing he would be blacklisted in the U.K. music industry if he spoke out against Contostavlos. He added, "I don't need to mislead the police about a picture. If there was no photo, I would have said. "I was honest from the start and I will keep being honest. If you don't think there was a photo then that's the end of it." Contostavlos has pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault, while her assistant Gareth Varey has also denied a count of harassment. The trial continues. The embattled singer is also due to stand trial in a separate case for a drug charge on 14 July (14), the day after she turns 26.

More General News